Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Level 5 mission reports  (Read 6422 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Level 5 mission reports
« Reply #30 on: 05 Dec 2011, 21:02 »

When becomes appearent that another player has a different understanding of New Eden than I do, I usually have Hamish smile politely and excuse himself from the conversation.   Players using characters to debate PF leads to weirdness.     

Honestly, when I get this, I usually respond with, "Well, where I'm from we do it x way." That way I can still give them the space to do as they please while at the same time saying, "This is how I see things."

But of course there's limits. If they tell me they're from battlestar galactica or Earth I'll smile and nod and assume the guy is a little off his rocker.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #31 on: 06 Dec 2011, 01:35 »

I remember asking around if we could approach CCP to do a "2nd pass" over mission storyline info after their own workgroup has released the material for go-live.

Voluntary work to check on the context of the mission and how it compares to existing and already public PF.

I know it would cause some level of arguing, but the above example posted by Julianus could be described in a much more believable context than it is currently.

I believe all missions are going to be scrapped and completely redone over the next year or so anyways (remember, sleeperAI was supposed to be a prototype for all NPC AI), or so I really hope. If so, none of this will matter much.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #32 on: 06 Dec 2011, 11:56 »

a thing, related to what I said earlier.

There is a widespread, reasonably large organisation in Amarr space, a network of fanatical believers in Scripture, who argue that the passages of Scripture frequently cited as being pr0-slavery can be interpreted in a different way, that does not justify slavery,  and actually say the opposite.

This group smuggles large numbers of slaves out of Amarr space, into the areas where they came from, i.e. minmatar to republic space etc. You'd think then, that in the destination nations, then that people would have some awareness that this group of fanatics actually exist, from talking with returnees, or reading an interview with a returnee or whatever.

Now then, the missions where this group is mentioned, you only get from Amarr agents. So only players with amarr characters would hear of this group.

So players with minmatar characters, would be in the dark about it, and it's a reasonably significant thing to be in the dark about.

Or what about that event mission for Minmatar, where they explain that voluval marks can be changed ?
That's a pretty big thing too, isn't it?
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #33 on: 06 Dec 2011, 12:01 »

@_@

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #34 on: 06 Dec 2011, 13:22 »

Lou,

Maybe CCP is dark and twisted enough that the mission jules quoted is the other half of the one you are talking about :p.  Liberal Amarrians ship rescued slaves to the Fed via dummy corps, paranoid Gallente agent hires Capsuleer to blow them up.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2011, 13:24 by Hamish Grayson »

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 06 Dec 2011, 15:19 »

Lou,

Maybe CCP is dark and twisted enough that the mission jules quoted is the other half of the one you are talking about :p.  Liberal Amarrians ship rescued slaves to the Fed via dummy corps, paranoid Gallente agent hires Capsuleer to blow them up.
Damn, you're good.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #36 on: 06 Dec 2011, 15:26 »

Lou,

CCP: The reason we can't have nice things.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #37 on: 06 Dec 2011, 17:25 »

Lou,

Considering there are Gallentean organizations hell bent on making the Amarrians look bad at all costs, even if they have to blow up CONCORD observers and Minmatar relief convoys to do it (assuming that old Level 2 chain mission is still kicking around out there), this is quite believable.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #38 on: 06 Dec 2011, 17:27 »

Lou,

@_@

Okay, nice one :p
Pages: 1 2 [3]