Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Live "dev blog" on fiction and content  (Read 5151 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Live "dev blog" on fiction and content
« Reply #15 on: 08 Mar 2011, 09:06 »

Please don't ruin anything for me...

Please, Caldari Jesus, just don't let them ruin my faction for me.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 08 Mar 2011, 09:08 »

Oh, I'm totally down with this today. Will try to live blog it.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 08 Mar 2011, 11:47 »

For those of us at our day jobs during this, thank you so much if you do!

Casiella

• Demigod

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2011, 16:57 »

Synopsis:  RP stuff isn't a priority and also the stuff we are working on is AWESOME and the players are going to love it.

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #20 on: 08 Mar 2011, 17:32 »

Hamish - thats not my Take Away from the Live Blogging of it. 

They are Revamping as Much as they can to Remove Inconsistances and get to a point where everything can be handed to the Players on Demand and that you don't have to search for it.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 08 Mar 2011, 17:37 »

Hamish, I did not see it like that at all (except for the bit about FW).

What bits cause you to say that?

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #22 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:00 »

All I heard was the suggestion that a player might become the president of the Federation, and I tuned out. =_=

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:05 »

That was somebody asking. CCP very politely said "oh hell no."

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:06 »

They really avoided quite a bit of the questions posted in their announcement thread..... :s

sorry to say that, but didn't expect much from this live devblog really  :cry:

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #25 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:17 »

Oh, thank god. /o\

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:20 »

Bruno, I'd say that's because quite a bit of the questions were at the wrong meta level. "What will happen with the Jovians?" isn't the sort of question they were going to be answering. "Can you tell us more about the project on retcons for consistency?" was at the right meta level.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #27 on: 08 Mar 2011, 18:23 »

Synopsis:  RP stuff isn't a priority and also the stuff we are working on is AWESOME and the players are going to love it.

My impression was they are working more on immersion / in game fiction portals than they are /sipping chatchannel style, which I believe in.

Could be wrong though, they seem to want to do alot with Incursions / FW / Live Events for story stuff™ but it might get backburned.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #28 on: 08 Mar 2011, 19:06 »

I heard 'agent bios' being mentioned in the context of the Immersion project, I think. This seems interesting to me.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 08 Mar 2011, 19:09 »

Bruno, I'd say that's because quite a bit of the questions were at the wrong meta level. "What will happen with the Jovians?" isn't the sort of question they were going to be answering. "Can you tell us more about the project on retcons for consistency?" was at the right meta level.

These were my questions mate......i didnt ask for the jovians....i was asking for development of the storyline and content:

To CCP TonyG and CCP Abraxas:

First i would like to thank you for writing the novels, and hope you continue writing more. Either in chronicles or other potential books.

I take from your work that you are both responsible for "painting" the grand scheme of this world, adding details or just explaining the development of the galatic geo-politics through your tales, however i would like to know the following:

1) Do you integrate your work with those people creating the NPC content? be it missions, market items, agent dialog, epic arcs, or even exploration sites?. If the answer is yes, How? if the answer is no, would you like to?.

2) Will you ever publish a sort of "Prime Fiction directive" (or infodump), where you address and describe in very broad terms the basics of each faction (be it main empires or minor ones) to the extent that players can understand how they work, how they culture behaves, their religious beliefs and day to day lives might look like?. Current evelopedia content is vague....too vague...and althought players efforts have been helpful there are still important backgrounds details that should be explored in order to foster both light or complex RP.

3) I applaud your efforts both in story telling and bringing back live events, it has been a world of change for a RPer like myself, but sporadic news articles portraying important events from NPCs were an important aspect that kept the galaxy "alive" and ever changing. Given that you both sort of fullfil the role of orchestra directors in such a topic, what do you think of it? if there was a compelling reason to drop them, is that reason still valid? will you consider reactivating them?. What was required to publish them? was too taxing?.

To CCP Big Dumb Object and CCP Headfirst

First i would like to thank you for bringing incursions and creating all the neat and colorful live events with actors and real interaction in game. Omune Balenne was a personal favorite.

My questions are more directed at existing content and future content, but probably more related to what could be considered "mission content":

1) will you ever revisit COSMOS and migrate them to the epic arc framework? COSMOS missios were great content, but unfinished or not well polished, numerous patchs have been fixing things but all related to small details, not really the overall thing (take note, not all COSMOS agents have problems, but more are related to gallente/minmatar).

2) Landmarks is content, and one i appreciate it the most, it added variation from system to system, COSMOS in particular was an old initiative to "paint" the galaxy. Are any considerations to keep painting it? not in the form of more COSMOS stuff, but adding "sites and places"?. This thread is an example of all the locations available to check out.....would you consider refining on the idea?.

3) From a developer standpoint, what sort of process your team engages in order to integrate content in the game? does it depends from many areas? do you have the ability to add many things without involving the other teams? do you focus more on the mechanics or the text/description/storyline?.

i was lucky thought, they answered 4 of 6 for me...
Pages: 1 [2] 3