Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Empress is having a bad hair day  (Read 10312 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: The Empress is having a bad hair day
« Reply #30 on: 28 Jan 2011, 12:12 »

Lots of people care about this, rightfully so, but no one about the broken city lights?  :(

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #31 on: 28 Jan 2011, 12:18 »

Lots of people care about this, rightfully so, but no one about the broken city lights?  :(

To be honest i apersonally almost never look that closely on the planets and if you had not mentioned it i would have never hae known that they are broken.

Nice seeing the topbrass of New Eden is such examples of good taste and sophistication. No worries though, i am sure CCP will fix this just as fast as they changed npc corps ceo's when there where changes there.....oh wait..... :bash:

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 28 Jan 2011, 15:16 »

Yep.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #33 on: 29 Jan 2011, 10:04 »

Well, I suppose you could just try using your imagination that the NPC portraits aren't broken, the same way in regards to the planets eh?

I mean, as you said on another thread...

"Because most of us do not spend that much time staring at planets NPC portraits, nor care much what they look like graphically, or interpret that as PF?"
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 10:12 by Seriphyn »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #34 on: 29 Jan 2011, 10:33 »

Well, the NPC portraits will be a fixture of the game that will affect (partly) our confidence in our respective factions, and add to the immersion we feel simply by claiming fealty with this or that group. It would be difficult to remain proud of your overarching PF figure if he looked like, say, any of those listed herein.

Whereas your thing is only important if I'm staring at the dark side of a planet.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #35 on: 29 Jan 2011, 13:02 »

Well, I suppose you could just try using your imagination that the NPC portraits aren't broken, the same way in regards to the planets eh?

I mean, as you said on another thread...

"Because most of us do not spend that much time staring at planets NPC portraits, nor care much what they look like graphically, or interpret that as PF?"
Yup, that's exactly what I do. I ain't opening those pictures again before someone I trust tells me they are fixored, and I will completely and utterly pretend the horrible ones never existed. I CERTAINLY am not going to make PF out of if and claim Jamyl is suddenly butt-ugly and the Sanmatar is The Second Coming Of The King of Rock'n'Roll. I base my understanding on their looks on descriptions in PF, anyway, not on what the pictures (these or previous) look like, so this is not a big deal.

And I wouldn't have noticed them being butt-ugly if the lovely co-players of mine had not subjected me to this horror. Thanks, guys. :P
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 13:05 by Elsebeth Rhiannon »

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #36 on: 01 Feb 2011, 09:34 »

Doriam Kor-Azor is looking remarkably well for someone who's been dead for several years.

Vieve

« Reply #37 on: 01 Feb 2011, 22:17 »

Doriam Kor-Azor is looking remarkably well for someone who's been dead for several years.

Tax holidays will do that to a man.

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition
« Reply #38 on: 02 Feb 2011, 16:02 »

My faith in Sarikusa never faltered  :twisted:

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 08 Feb 2011, 02:08 »

On the other hand, Turek Mayon (highest level Surveillance agent in Mordu's) got a major upgrade.  Basically went from looking like a freaky raver to a believable uberspai.

There's a website somewhere with side-by-sides of old vs. new that someone linked in-game and I have no hope of remembering.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #40 on: 08 Feb 2011, 04:48 »

There's a website somewhere with side-by-sides of old vs. new that someone linked in-game and I have no hope of remembering.
http://evefaces.com/?Turek%20Mayon
Linked earlier:

http://evefaces.com/?einnar%20aeboul
http://evefaces.com/?egar%20aldinold

Thukkers ain't bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]