Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dev Post [Summer 2014] Pirate Faction Cruisers  (Read 2087 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Dev Post [Summer 2014] Pirate Faction Cruisers
« Reply #15 on: 08 Apr 2014, 11:11 »

Updates!

Quote from: CCP Rise
Alright, you guys are getting major real time updates here, I might as well start live tweeting our meetings!

With regards to the Cynabal - we are not going to try and add some kind of web/scram immunity/resistance. While this kind of bonus would certainly be fun, it would force us to make severe changes to all three Angel ships to compensate for the increased power, which would surely feel terrible for all the people enjoying them now. This would be especially true for PVE players who couldn't make use of the new bonus but would be stuck with a much worse ship than they are used to.

The option we do feel good about is warp speed. It supports the hit and run playstyle that Angels are already best at without forcing us to make changes to the combat performance. So, we are looking at roughly a 50% increase in warp speed and acceleration for all three, putting the Cynabal at warp speed multiplier of 5, which is basically destroyer speed. I've also updated the OP with a new powergrid number.

We've also adjusted powergrid on the Ashimmu to make some more room for those PG heavy energy war mods.

We spent time playing with the Vigilant in a lot of different configurations and feel completely confident in the current fitting numbers.

Hope this makes you Angel fans more excited

OP updated to reflect this, should also correct a few typos in the initial stats.

Hm! I'm assuming that despite stacking penalties, a third DDA is still superior to a BCS?

Correct, swapping to a BCS results in a loss of ~25 dps.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 08 Apr 2014, 11:28 »

Anyone running the numbers on the new Ashimmu for damage and vamping?

Interesting changes.  I assume when they make the same nos changes to the Bhaalgorn... lord have mercy.

Ashimmu was always completely 'meh' and kind of only good for gatecamping with double webs and remote seboing on it.  Anything you locked was instanly not going anywhere.

Still completely underwhelmed by the Sansha changes though.  Stick that AB bonus onto the Angel ships, come up with something creepy and more borg-like for the Sansha ships. 

Codebreaker modules on Sansha vessels cause random hi/mid/low rack modules to malfunction on target ships or something.  *shrug* *nanites*

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 08 Apr 2014, 12:11 »

Anyone running the numbers on the new Ashimmu for damage and vamping?

Interesting changes.  I assume when they make the same nos changes to the Bhaalgorn... lord have mercy.

Ashimmu was always completely 'meh' and kind of only good for gatecamping with double webs and remote seboing on it.  Anything you locked was instanly not going anywhere.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Still completely underwhelmed by the Sansha changes though.  Stick that AB bonus onto the Angel ships, come up with something creepy and more borg-like for the Sansha ships. 

Codebreaker modules on Sansha vessels cause random hi/mid/low rack modules to malfunction on target ships or something.  *shrug* *nanites*

Know what's fun?

This is fun.

(Dat sig radius)
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2014, 12:13 by kalaratiri »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #18 on: 08 Apr 2014, 12:23 »

This is fun.

It's all fun and games until someone theorycrafts a kitey 100MN AB Phantasm. Then someone's getting kneecapped with the nerfbat.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 08 Apr 2014, 12:43 »

This is fun.

It's all fun and games until someone theorycrafts a kitey 100MN AB Phantasm. Then someone's getting kneecapped with the nerfbat.

m8.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #20 on: 08 Apr 2014, 12:58 »

Glad to see the Angels get a better niche area (warp speed) along with their generous flexibility.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 08 Apr 2014, 13:00 »

Glad to see the Angels get a better niche area (warp speed) along with their generous fittings.

Speaking of...

With a bit of money thrown around, you can do this:

[spoiler]

For context, a Buzzard warps at 8.0au/s[/spoiler]

Can you tell I love this time of year?
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2014, 13:02 by kalaratiri »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 08 Apr 2014, 13:04 »

Glad to see the Angels get a better niche area (warp speed) along with their generous flexibility.
Me, I just love the tears flowing over people complaining about a nerf that was long overdue.

Because 3 LSEs, a medium neut and 425mm ACs is totally not OP. Nope. Not at all.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #23 on: 08 Apr 2014, 13:24 »

If you put 3 LSEs on a Cynabal to begin with....

Anyway.  My QQ'ing and that of my brethren in the solo community has unnerfed the Cynabal.  Todaywasagoodday.png

Also I totally don't own a stack of Cynabals that I bought after nerf announcement to sell after buff announcement, nope.  Only in eve lol
Pages: 1 [2]