Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Author Topic: New[ish] faction themes  (Read 2033 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
New[ish] faction themes
« on: 07 Jan 2011, 10:44 »

Since most people have just gone on SiSi to remake their current characters, they miss out on these four new faction themes, which only appear when making new characters.

They are variants of the faction intro videos, with added motifs and extended. They are available to be listened to in the character creation, at race selection, with an ambient version of each once you go into customization (SiSi is down and wasn't able to record the ambient variants).

I recommend using headphones to listen to them. They all have an incredible amount of detail, aurally speaking (if you can hear the violin marching that comes in on the Amarr at 50 seconds (?), probably hearing it all).

Amarr (ambient version)
Caldari (ambient version)
Gallente (ambient version)
Minmatar (ambient version)

They are all extremely well done, and capture the feelings of each faction splendidly, especially the Caldari one. The droning really gives you the feel of that hyperindustrial stuff.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2011, 17:34 by Seriphyn »

Benjamin Shepherd

Re: New[ish] faction themes
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2011, 11:32 »

I'm getting a Deus Ex feel from Gallente.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2011, 12:15 »

I'd been skipping the videos assuming they were the same as when the bloodlines were introduced.  When I went to play with the character creator today (Build 218928) the videos did not play for me.  Several other issues with the creator popped up today, as well.

11 days and counting for features already 2 months delayed still not working right. :bash:

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2011, 13:59 »

Can't judge until it's out on Tranqulity. Also, this is about the new themes not the videos

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2011, 15:04 »

Were I to criticize CCP for delaying features because they're incomplete or buggy, a number of people would criticize me for utterly shameless hypocrisy.

And rightfully so...

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2011, 15:39 »

Please, can we not get sidetracked, and discuss the faction themes? I specifically recorded and uploaded them for discussion  :P

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2011, 16:25 »

The Amarr violin stuff starts at 25 second. One louder chord, and then it's just very faint in the background. At 50 secs another louder chord and the "march" rhythm becomes a bit louder, too.

...and I consider myself half-deaf compared to what I used to hear in high school. (The bell or glockenspiel starting at 1:00 on the Amarr theme does take some effort to hear for me - so perhaps I'm just losing high-pitched sounds.)

The Caldari theme reminds me of one of the mission music pieces (Caldari Rock? Can't remember the name any more.)

Gallente: In style a bit like Nouvelle Rouvenor Hero without the "adventure movie" beat? Can't remember many of the songs any more, have to start playing EVE with music on.

Minmatar: Completely new sound. It appears that the Amarr were right: The Minmatar communicate by drumming. (Personally, I would not have minded if CCP would go thru with the "Brutor are Maori-influenced" idea and introduced New Eden to something haka-inspired, instead.)

General notes: Seem to fit EVE quite well. A bit more "action" and epic sound than in some of the even more ambient pieces. Need to have a few listens when not very tired to have a good idea.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2011, 16:37 by Mithfindel »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2011, 17:35 »

OP updated with ambient versions.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2011, 16:58 »

* Seriphyn roundhouses kicks this to the top of the forum.

I have a feeling that most of us missed out on this, for reasons stated in the OP.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2011, 17:12 »

Why does the Amarr one remind me of Halo? I think it has something to do with the chorus.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2011, 08:19 »

Thanks for re upping the thread.

Amarr : I love, it has a very mystic feeling which fits very well Scriptures and stuff.

Caldari : I strongly dislike. I thought at first that I was listening to a rogue drone theme.

Gallente : I can feel the wonders depicted in the theme. Quite nice.

Minmatar : I like the industrial/mecanical drums, but not the tribal drums though : they are too much cliché/cheesy.