Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dev Blog: No Brakes - Ship and module Balancing in Retribution 1.1  (Read 2719 times)

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn

Unless some more mechanics have changed, plates and added mass in general shouldn't affect max speed - only agility.

It doesn't affect base speed, but it does affect max speed with a prop mod. Less weight = more speed boost.

Gesakaarin

Training Gallente hulls now, so many fun ships to fly with these changes.  :cube:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Unless some more mechanics have changed, plates and added mass in general shouldn't affect max speed - only agility.

It doesn't affect base speed, but it does affect max speed with a prop mod. Less weight = more speed boost.

This. It's why oversized prop mods act like un-scrammable MWDs of the proper size.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

i agree would have prefered the AARs to use cap boosters...not sure who suggested the idea of nanite paste, probably someone with a large cut of the market in that area.

I believe this may be my fault, albeit indirectly and unintentionally. Ever since I described the function of armor reps as employing a sort of nanite paste for their basic functions in this story, I've noticed similar descriptions popping up in game.

Naturally I CLAIM ALL CREDIT.

This great skin of tungsten was not entirely a solid mass; rather, it was criss-crossed and channelled like the circulatory system of a great living beast - through these conduits and capillaries flowed trillions upon trillions of self-assembling armour regeneration nanites, the metal-breathing robotic life-blood of all such armoured goliaths. Just as the platelets which seal a laceration inflicted upon human tissue, this swarm of metallivorous locusts rush to the site of blasts and gouges torn from the warship’s carapace in battle, bleeding forth and filling the cavities with their microscopic interlocking bodies, finally to form new capillary channels for fresh nanites to traverse as their last selfless act before deactivating into inert metal.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2013, 13:56 by hellgremlin »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

THAT'S Where I read that shit!

I was never able to find it again.  :eek:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Bacchanalian

• Omelette

i agree would have prefered the AARs to use cap boosters...not sure who suggested the idea of nanite paste, probably someone with a large cut of the market in that area.

I prefer paste.  Cap booster-based ancillary reppers are limited to ~2 reloads given the standard size of most cargo holds.  You can carry ridiculous amounts of paste, however, making the AARs better for sustained solo roaming.  ASBs require you to stop and buy cap charges after every fight.
Pages: 1 [2]