Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Author Topic: [Character] Quinzel Nikulainen (Rough Draft)  (Read 1233 times)

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
[Character] Quinzel Nikulainen (Rough Draft)
« on: 13 Mar 2013, 09:49 »

OOC note: Quinzel's been kicking around for a few months now and I've been enjoying her a lot. She's a bit of an experiment for me in motivation. I've been suffering for depression for roughly half of my life and I'm only recently starting to get help. Quinzel is useful for me because in contrast to Halete she opens up a lot more avenues for creative output, world-building and collaborative works with other players. My creativity has really suffered over the years as I find it increasingly difficult to enjoy the activities I would like to be doing, so I feel that in a small way in EVE Quinzel helps me to take steps in the right direction by giving me a medium through which I find I am able to produce, create, write, etc. the purpose of saying this is to shed some light and where I stand as a player on the character and give an impression of my position.

What I'd appreciate in terms of feedback is how perhaps to get her into the public. She's by-and-far a 'behind the scenes' or private character. I'm looking for more avenues to work with other RPers.

This isn't written in a wiki or otherwise formal format and is in-fact quite rushed, I will probably make an EVE Wiki page at some point for that purpose. Some areas are left intentionally vague as I iron details out. Instead this aims to give a loose outline for the character for somebody not familiar with her history.

---

Name: Quinzel Nikulainen
DED Callsign: Quinzel Nikulainen
Blood Type: O-
D.O.B.: May 1st, YC90
Biological Gender: Female
Gender Identity: Female
Height: 180cm
Weight: 63kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Marital Status: Single
Political Alignment: Caldari State outlier, Practical and Patriot leanings, strong anti-Liberal sentiments
Occuption: Marketer, Broker, Lender
Place of Birth: Nonni
Citizenships Held: Kaalakiota Corporation (Suspended), Hyasyoda Corporation
Legal Status: Positive
Threat Level: Low

---

Young life

Hailing from a single-parent household, Quinzel has always had a large degree of independence. She began her professional career at a young age in the hope of gaining the respect of her largely absent father.

The responsibilities bestowed upon her by her career, the demands of studying to progress her education and an essentially autonomous life-style at home left her with little time to make friendships. This forged a young woman with a strict, unapproachable demeanor. Her cold personality, cut-throat business practices and a focus on realpolitik allowed her to progress very quickly within her corporation, but not without the cost of unintentionally making enemies along the way.

Hyasyoda secured Quinzel's contract as part of a friendly takeover agreement. This caused a great deal of personal turmoil for the young woman, who deeply yearned to be with her home Mega. The corporate culture clash that she was forced to endure opened her eyes to the methods with which the Big Eight indoctrinate their citizenship.

To this day Quinzel resents Hyasyoda, but in true Caldari fashion she did not let these feelings interfere with her duties during her employment under her new Mega, and continued to progress in her career. 

Disassociation

It is known that during the rule of the previous Kaalakiota CEO, Haatakan Oiritsuu, Quinzel was accused of corporate espionage and selling critical information to SuVee. During this time she was still with Hyasyoda, who would follow this move and raise their own claims.

These charges would fall through, notably with a scarcity of evidence and after Quinzel survived drinking poisoned tea during a dispute with KK. The victim of a well coordinated personal vendetta (undoubtedly brought about by Quinzel's ruthless practices on her climb up the corporate ladder), in spite of her employer not being able to press legal charges Quinzel was quietly relegated to a bottom rung position within Hyasyoda some months after on a string of technicalities before finally seeming to vanish.

Current Times

Some two years later, Quinzel enrolled with the Science and Trade Institute, almost as if reappearing out of nowhere with a strong financial backing - Kredits that had been laundered through an impenetrable web of vehicle corporations. After undergoing mandatory screening, Quinzel was able to enroll in the Capsuleer program

Since then, she has used her new-found assets and connections as a Capsuleer to found KOKAKO, where she continues to operate as CEO.

Nikulainen has demonstrated a rekindled interest in State politics as of late, and in her absence a number of subsidiaries instrumental in raising the allegations against her have dissolved.

Due to her history, Quinzel has fostered a unique perspective on the State, though adamantly insists that there is nowhere else she would rather be.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
Re: [Character] Quinzel Nikulainen (Rough Draft)
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2013, 09:54 »

First thing I would point out is that you have her listed as a Practical/Patriot but her citizenship is currently a Liberal corporation (Hyasyoda). I'm not sure if this is intentional irony or simply an oversight, so I thought I'd put it here.

Otherwise, I haven't interacted with Q much so I can't really help with a direction to go, but I can offer that Malcolm is always open for RP and that may help you flesh some things out, get a feel for Caldari RP and so on if that's what you're looking for.

Good luck and I hope the help you're getting with your RL depression proves valuable, I've been there.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2013, 10:01 »

Oh her citizenship is very much intentional.  :P Although at this point basically a very silly technicality.

And thanks.

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2013, 10:06 by Hatele »

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2013, 10:34 »

If Q is going to be a more open sort of character for you as opposed to Halete, who is very much introverted to those she doesn't know, it's going to be a challenge. If you can get Q commenting and engaging more in Summit and other places instead of being aloof, it'll help segway into further development and RP. The content of the interaction is irrelevant this early on. As long as you are interacting at ALL on Q, you're making progress.

You have a really strong base here with your character and a lot of possibilities. I know your RL issues suck but, it's like you said, Q could be some good old therapy in your favorite universe to help you out. I've had a lot of RL issues over the past year, and Eve has been a good helper.

PM here on Backstage or on Eve if you want more help or planning. I'd definitely be happy to assist you, especially if this character will help you medically.