Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raiders are part of an ancient cultist faction called Sani Sabik, which first appeared on Amarr Prime thousands of years ago? Read more here.

Author Topic: Minmatar Tribal Tattoo's  (Read 3818 times)

Nofearion

• Clonejack
  • If it's not fun why play
    • The Stormrage Clan
Minmatar Tribal Tattoo's
« on: 28 Apr 2013, 10:18 »

Ok this is more of a feeler and while some may state its not in game content, It could have an impact.
I have several tattoo's and looking into getting more, however things as there are there is not a lot of new or different type of tattoo's.
I am currently working with a tattoo artist on pulling in my existing tats with Minmatar Tribal tats, I would appreciate any input or existing art to help in the design. I think this could become are viable form of new Tribal Tattoo in the Real world. I will continue to keep you all updated on what we come up with. for myself I plan to use my RP to base what type of tattoo's, for instance, Nofearion is the patriarch of the Stormrage family of the Vherokior tribe and of drifter ancestry. He is a star ship captain, and has been ceo of several corporation. He has participated in many battles but is not a major combat pilot, I plan to have my tattoos reflect this as a base. I am undecided to add the accomplishments of my other toon who is a combat pilot and ranked in the Minmatar Militia, your thoughts on this please.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Minmatar Tribal Tattoo's
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2013, 15:04 »

Trouble is the only tattooing system I know of that shows rank and personal history is the Maori one. Indeed I believe that bit of Minmatar culture is party lifted from them, and possibly the Brutor should be seen as more Polynesian than African.

Using that system would not be a good idea.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2013, 15:36 »

Illustration of the tattoo chronicle : http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Tattoos_%28Chronicle%29
Probably a Sebiestor, since their tattoos are described as "simple [...] forms – straight lines and clean patterns, but flowing, symbolic signs are not unheard of. " : http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Sebiestor

Krusual "The Krusual tribe uses flowing, often geometric tattoo motifs, seldom cluttered, always orderly and pleasing the eye." : http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Krusual_tribe

Of the seven tribes, the only two mention of the tattoos' forms :)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2013, 15:52 »

Trouble is the only tattooing system I know of that shows rank and personal history is the Maori one. Indeed I believe that bit of Minmatar culture is party lifted from them, and possibly the Brutor should be seen as more Polynesian than African.

Using that system would not be a good idea.

There is also the tattoo system used by the vor v zakonye. Using that would probably be an even worse idea.  :P
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2013, 16:06 »

I would just like to say, I wish our tattoos in game were anything remotely like the ones in that picture of the Sebbie woman.

That is all.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2013, 16:16 »

There is also the tattoo system used by the vor v zakonye. Using that would probably be an even worse idea.  :P

Here's the Documentary Mark of Cain. It's partly about Russian prison tattoes but also the system.

Enjoy.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2013, 19:29 »

I would totally get my character's facial tattoos irl, if I thought I could do so without shooting my job prospects in the foot forever.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Nofearion

• Clonejack
  • If it's not fun why play
    • The Stormrage Clan
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2013, 20:07 »

thanks for all the input, I will keep you all in the loop and post what I do

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2013, 02:00 »

The original Tribes article shows examples of Sebiestor, Brutor and Krisual facial tattoos.