Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Samuel Rackham Premium Caldari Ale is made with aroma hops from the widely recognized agricultural facilities of Haatomo III? For more, see here.

Author Topic: The Account of the Huuhkaja  (Read 719 times)

Shiki

• Clonejack
The Account of the Huuhkaja
« on: 04 Sep 2013, 03:31 »

This commences serialized backstory entries detailing character activities from YC 114.3.24 through 115.8.30, prior to OOC account reactivation.

Huuhkaja Protostellar Survey Expedition, Log Entry Y114.3.29

Ship’s Log:    

Constellation 7VJ-7M, A-80UA.

7 days elapsed since we made headway into Scalding Pass. We commenced sensor sweep of MC-80UA-D, our first molecular cloud in the expanse, after radio and near-infrared readings suggested possible protostar material accretion in the near-side protrusion. Preliminary data indicates a cloud roughly 0.815 pc on the major axis with 250-800 stellar masses. Topography suggests a wave flow pattern indicative of dissipated supernova remnant interaction, with x-ray on the far side 15-85 keV. Kinematic analysis corroborates this data, showing probable disparity in the acceleration cross-section. More detailed multi-band sensor scans are being scheduled in the next 10 hours, with the astrometrics team working on recalibrating our scan probes for detailed measurements of molecular core distribution and make-up.

Its physical form resembles something like an archaic crossbow. I’ve asked our Executive Officer Tuorri to solicit the crew for a monicker we can send back to add to the Institute catalogue.

Personal Log:   

I’m told the crew is abuzz with vigorous speculation. While they are aware of the risks posed by this region’s phenomena, the are equally aware that they might be the first of their species to witness the majesty of the stellar natal microcosm. I am confident that all of the structural and EM shielding modifications that went into our strategic subsystems will provide the necessary safeguard against the elements, and have little doubt about the capability of all onboard. Tuorri-haan is a solid commander, and through his comportment has earned a good deal of respect from our colleagues in a short time. I feel the stars are with us on this.

The yasun... feels oddly restricting out here in the field. While I know the direct neural feed does indeed provide the stimuli with greater fidelity... I'm troubled by the sense that I'm not really there. I want the see the clouds ablaze with color and light, not through the camera lens of a drone, but with my eyes. I want to taste that fancy Iyen-Oursta which fuzasen sent with my personal effects. I want to hear the voices of our team as we discover something remarkable.

Getting ahead of myself again.
     Focus on the mission.
     One foot in front of the other.

Anslol

Re: The Account of the Huuhkaja
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2013, 09:07 »