Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Isk for a domain ?  (Read 2749 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Isk for a domain ?
« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2011, 15:13 »

Surely there have been houses out there that have been held by completely incompetent or decadent nobles who left the running of their estate to stewards and courtiers?

there's mention about this sort of thing in the amarr epic arc, i believe

one of the background bits mentions that families realise the Rule Of Fools is inevitable in the long term, and they usually have arrangements to try and minimise this, and then hope that the problem sorts itself sooner rather than later
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2011, 10:16 »

Thanks for the answers.

In my case I think it seems logical that as the previous Holder line is dead, the legal authorities gets it back under their control while they wait to reattribute the lands to another Holder. Another Holder that ofc has to show himself worth of it and probably would have to buy it to finalize the process.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2011, 13:35 »

I think, how it works would be that upon asking to be released from the oaths, the domains would return to the holder's superior.

It gets complicated.

From what I understand, it seems to be like:

A region of space, is under the jurisdiction of one of the Heir families. The Heir can appoint people to constellation governors and system governors, and possibly even micromanagement down to subdivisions of countries on planets. Although I think there'd be a degree of delegation, so a constellation governor can appoint people as system (or parts of system) governors.

e.g. in the Amarr cosmos area, we have:

Uriam Kador - Region lord.
Manel Kador - governor of Araz constellation
Lords Arachnan and Methros - own things in space in Araz
Baron Maphante of Garisas - a minor Holder in Garisas

And then there's subdivisions, e.g. Lord Arachnan has a sister, who has her own estates.

The higher levels of holders can, I think, retain elements of a domain purely for themselves.
E.g. Uriam Kador grants Manel governorship of Araz. There may be estates on the planets of Araz that are not under Manel's authority, having been retained by Uriam for his own uses.

Holder families can trade lands, gain them or lose them, through one of the popular pastimes of Holders: Intrigue!

Which is possibly how you end up with some of the oddities like the landless minor Holders. Though there are also things such as grants of titles and estates to Navy veterans, for example.

And that's just the land ownership. Land owners can I think, then rent elements of their domains out to commoners for economic purposes, and those agreements would be yet another convoluted scheme.
\o/
Pages: 1 [2]