Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Author Topic: [Character] Dagur Brynj'ar  (Read 597 times)

Dagur Brynjar

[Character] Dagur Brynj'ar
« on: 25 May 2014, 15:14 »

GENERIC INFO:
Name:
● Given name: Dagur Brynj'ar
● Birth Name: unknown
Ethnicity:
Minmatar, Sebiestor (50%) Brutor (25%) Krusual (25%)
Tribe:
Unknown
DOB:
Unknown (29 y/o)
Birthplace:
Unknown
Affiliation:
Minmatar Republic

PHYSICAL TRAITS:
Height:
6'3" (1.905M)
Weight:
195lbs (88.45KG)
Eye Color:
Brown
Hair Color:
Brown/red
Facial Tattoo:
None
Defining Characteristics:
● scarring on face from where original naming tattoos were removed
● large scar on left cheek

FAMILY BACKGROUND:
Mother:
● unknown

Father:
● unknown

Siblings:
● None

PERSONAL BACKGROUND:
● Selected for a valklear unit from prison at 18 y/o
● went to prison for murdering 3 people (reason: failed robbery)
● upon release from his Valklear unit (10 year term) Dagur was enrolled into the Republic Military School as a technician, but was found to be capsule capable and began that program

BRIEF BACK STORY:
Very little is known about Dagur aside from his ten year term in a Valkear unit. Details about his crime are scarce, with only that a failed robbery led to three people slain by his hand. He withstood the beatings and intensive training regiment and starting at age nineteen, served his ten year sentence.

Upon release, along with a new identity he was enrolled in the Republic Military School, to pursue a career with the navy as a technician. Dagur excelled in every subject he studied aside from the actual technical courses. To the surprise of the instructors he was found capsule capable and quickly started down that path of his education. Despite numerous violent outbursts Dagur graduated, near the middle of his class.

In general, Dagur didn't know what to make of his new identity, feeling it almost forced. As time went on he became more familiar with being addressed by his new name, he grew accustomed to being basically stripped of his naming tattoo given to him on his voluval. With in time he grew accustomed to the face staring back at him in the mirror, and with this began to return to the way he once was, only, adding in to the equation a newly found discipline forged over the training phase and subsequent years in the valklear.

As he finally finishes up his ties with the RMS, he looks forward to, in a much lesser extent, returning to his old ways, working for the Tribal Liberation Front as well as any other dealings, should the opportunity arise.

NOTES (Character Reactions & Misc.):
● preference towards caldari ships
○ guns: "projectile guns are barbaric, better than nothing, but time moves on and relics turn to dust."
○ nav systems: "the ******* Sotiyo-Urbaata warp drive was invented by them. I THINK they got a little practice making one!"
● Becoming a capsuleer:
○ "Lets see, I'm practically a god, can do what I want, when I want, kill who ever gets in my way if I so feel like it, what exactly isn't to love about this?"
● indifferent feelings towards Slavery
○ "Every race is or was a slave to something: be it Gallante and their chase of freedom, Caldari and money and the megacorporations, the Amar and their religion, and the Minmatar to the Amar, least the Minmatar fought it. For the individual, that's their fight, not mine."
● his new identity
○ "Well, you didn't know me then, really it means nothing to you now, still means something to me, but your not me, got it?"

I plan on having him evolve into a little less of a jack*** as time goes on....

Please let me know if anyone has any advice or ideas, or if there is any glaring problems with anything. I know there has to be at least a few. Also be my guest to be brutally honest, though try to be constructive :D
« Last Edit: 25 May 2014, 15:38 by Dagur Brynjar »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [Character] Dagur Brynj'ar
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2014, 10:42 »

Definitely liking what I'm seeing so far! His mouth may get him in trouble sometimes, but since you've already said that might be changing over time, I don't see that being a permanent problem.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Dagur Brynjar

Re: [Character] Dagur Brynj'ar
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2014, 11:36 »

im more less going for him getting humbled really fast after joining the fw or a corp, though thats going to be after he has some skills under his belt, thus giving a little time to be the "all mighty bad ***" he sees himself as.....