Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 1234 times)

Nerin

• Clonejack
Hey guys
« on: 15 Feb 2015, 13:27 »

Here is a little about me,

I began playing eve about a year ago, and I have been very on again off again. I have lurked in a few RP channels and would like to learn a bit more and begin actively RPing myself. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and look forward to interacting with you all. I did also have a few questions as I begin my RP career.

Should I try and invent a backstory and RP with the Pilot I started with a year ago or should I make an alt with a story already in mind? Also, do you guys have any tips for the filling at the BIO (Like should it be a Galnet profile, or a few paragraphs of backstory)?

Thanks for your time and fly safe :)

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2015, 17:55 »

Hey! :D

Someone newer to here than me YAY! :lol: Seriously though welcome, and hope to see you around in-game :)

As for creating a character with a story in mind or working your actions on your current character into an RP character I would be inclined to say the latter. It might be more difficult to explain some of your actions ICly over the past year but it can be an enjoyable challenge I would imagine. Though again I see nothing wrong with creating a character with a specific idea/nature in mind either - so in other words I am no help at all. XD

As for the bio some people are brief and just do a paragraph describing them, some people use the CONCORD DED Record template lurking around on this site (EDIT: here's the link http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=960.0), others just throw up a link to their profile on the wiki, some do a combination of both - so a matter of taste :) But things I would say are always handy to have in it: Name (obviously), Titles, Appearance (if different to your profile pic), and personally I like to put in a little OOC caveat saying that if I am contacted in game be aware I will treat it as an IC contact unless you tell me not too. But of course that's just me. :)

Alright shutting up now.

o/
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2015, 17:58 by Arkon Sarain »

Nerin

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2015, 18:20 »

Thanks a lot!

Looks like I have plenty here to get started. Gonna get a new alt going! I appreciate the help.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2015, 18:23 »

Thanks a lot!

Looks like I have plenty here to get started. Gonna get a new alt going! I appreciate the help.

Anytime! :D Hope to see your new alt around and about o/

Nerin

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2015, 19:24 »

Here is a base for what I am working on, using the link you provided me. Any thoughts or criticism are welcome as this is my first attempt at a RP character. Are there any channels in game you reccomend to get started?

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
Name: Nerin Coliam
DED Callsign: Nerin Coliam
Blood Type: B+
Height: 1.803 Meters(5 ft 11 in)
Weight: 77.1kg (170 lbs)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color:Light Blue
Political Alignment: Khanid Kingdom (Caldari Mercenary)
Date of Birth: YC92.05.27
Place of Birth:UNKNOWN
Employment History:

DED Charges:
> Assault (Charges dropped)
> Aggravated Assault

DED Threat Assessment: low
Notes: History of violence in service of employers.

Personality Assessment:
Calm and collected with a very professional demeanor. Capsuleer is known to engage in violence on behalf of employers. When he is not engaged in Mercenary activities, He has been known to provide security for Amarrian Forces.
Physical Assessment: Medium height with short well groomed brown hair and light blue eyes. Performs a strict workout regime and maintains excellent physical conditioning. Scar across left shoulder and a tattoo on left forearm.

« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2015, 19:46 by Nerin »

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2015, 19:55 »

Look good, and great to chat in game :D

For more input and feedback on the character hit up: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?board=22.0 That forum is for character development so peeps will be looking out there to lend opinions and ideas to help. :)

o/
-A

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2015, 00:00 »

Welcome welcome! :D

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2015, 12:26 »

Welcome!

Having some lore built up around you can help you set goals and focus on things to do within the game, so I've found it helpful to frame my actions this way in the sandbox, myself. But I'm a dirty casual, so that probably doesn't even show :P

If ever you have questions, just poke around until they get answered! The lore is so intense that chances are you won't even know what questions to ask for a little while so don't dismay if something gets Alpha'd.

If you haven't checked this out, it's a great place to start; https://evetravel.wordpress.com/lore-survival-guide/
Lore is kicking up again it seems, so it's a cool time to start RPing, I think.

Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2015, 13:36 »

Welcome backstage.
-OOChé