General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Catching Up

(1/3) > >>

Jace:
Hello.

I am returning to EVE. Has the official news posts improved over the last few years? If not, I am looking for suggestions regarding resources to educate myself as to what has happened in recent years.

Regards,
Jace

Samira Kernher:
Hey Jace! Good to see you.

Uh... a lot has happened. Not entirely sure where to start.

Nissui:
IMO we are more or less in the aftermath of the Lore-pocalypse. CCP hemorrhaged almost all community team members along with a bunch of other senior devs. I think it's just Falcon now, with Affinity donating some time toward the ISD folks when and where possible. In-game news now relies in large part how many dollars the latest pointless nullsec battle was. So it goes.

Fanfest events have borne some fruit in the last couple years, with lots of player involvement. That's worth checking out.

We're in the autumn of the second-weakest lore/news year ever, and the weakest since Incarna. Bring plenty of water if you plan on walking this desert.

Also, welcome back.

Samira Kernher:
CCP's lore team is part time in the form of CCP Delegate Zero, CCP Falcon, and CCP Affinity.

And no, in-game news isn't about the latest nullsec battles, it's generally about Drifter and Triglavian shit.

Nissui:

--- Quote from: Samira Kernher on 11 Aug 2018, 23:29 ---Triglavian
--- End quote ---

That's true, we did get a new 'precursor' faction, which goes back to the recent Fanfest news and player involvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version