General Discussion > The Speakeasy: OOG/Off-topic Discussion

Roleplay activity outside EVE.

(1/5) > >>

Nissui:
So with the sentiment that some RP is getting hard to find in New Eden, I'm curious: is roleplay something you do elsewhere? If so, where, and how? Is it mainly RL or VTT RPGs, or do you make it work in other MMOs as well?

It's a longshot, but maybe a brainstorm along these lines could provide useful ideas for people having trouble with EVE RP.

Alex Hinkelmann:
https://roll20.net/ is a good avenue for creating some old fashion RP. Characters could easily be transferred over to a Mongoose Traveller style game.

Morwen Lagann:
As mentioned elsewhere, I (and at least 2-3 other people on these forums) are super-active in Black Desert's roleplay scene. I'll let them pipe up if they want to.

It's still mostly text-based for the actual roleplay (and entirely, when done on Discord), but even when not moving around the addition of avatar gameplay allows for a much more immersive experience imo, especially when it allows you to see visually where everyone is, who they're near, etc.

A friend designed a tabletop-style system that we sometimes use to randomly generate adventures within the game world, too - it's pretty fun, and in the end only about 20% of the time/effort is the mechanics of the system (dice rolls, resource management, etc.). The rest is all done through RP.

Samira Kernher:
I've been RPing for a long time, EVE was just one of many temporary pitstops along the way. So yup, I've done and do plenty elsewhere. MMOs used to be pretty good for it, but over the years they've been growing more and more unsustainable for RP regardless of which one you're playing.

As for where I've been getting my RP fix, over the past year I've mostly been focusing on roleplay on a Neverwinter Nights 2 persistent world and in an over-the-internet pen-and-paper group over Skype and Roll20.

Utari Onzo:
Outside of a little personal arc RP in eve, it's limited to DnD and 'roleplaying out' in Crusader Kings II games (such as only taking decisions that my character based on his/her personality traits would take) but other then that I'm just playing games for the sake of playing games of late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version