Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Disciples of Ston  (Read 3185 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Disciples of Ston
« on: 27 Jun 2013, 07:59 »

Can anyone tell me about this organization?

It seems to be a single person with a large number of alts. I know the 'rescuing from death cans' is legit but do the members do anything else in space?

They've moved their robbery to the Khanid Kingdoms and I'm wondering if there's a chance for interaction. If Makkal could make it out of Syndicate that is.
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013, 08:26 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Disciples of Ston
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:05 »

I know at one time there were other actual players in the organization, I am not sure if they are still there.

They're apparently peaceful (hm) collectors of jetcanned slaves to avoid illegality fines.

I have only heard stories as to the results of deccing the Disciple(s) asnd shooting the unarmed ships at one's leisure.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:08 »

Will do my best to avoid the forum nerf bat here:

Many many alts, posting the same thing to the IGS every week or two.  The content they are delivering hasn't changed in the last year or so, it's the same posts ad nauseum for twenty or thirty pages.

They got shot at once, and started an IGS forum 'protest' for every time they lost a ship, shitting up the forums with 7 or 8 threads which were finally GM axed for spam after many flags. 

One of the few organizations where my OOC and IC dislikes line up perfectly.

I'm sure there are players out there who like them, but I haven't run across too many that like their M.O. and how they interact with the IGS and other RPers.
My opinion, of course.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:15 »

They used to be at least neutrally-regarded.

Then their reaction to getting wardecced by SASPR (Koro's EoM corp) was to flip the hell out and spam the IGS with new threads every time they lost a ship - to the point that forum moderators slapped them with a brick and told them to knock it off.

That was when they lost most 'public' support - even though at one point she was considering throwing a dec at someone to defend them, Morwen would happily go stalk them in Niarja and splatter them across the Kaaputenen stargate when they go suspect after nicking from a can now; that's how obnoxious they've become.

As for opportunities for interaction, there are very few, if any, outside of deccing them or shooting them; all they're doing in Kingdom space is buying slaves off the NPC market and claiming GRATE VICTOLY on the IGS.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:45 »

I adore the Stonites. They add needed content. I like that every one of their posts is a subtle reminder that capsuleers are inhuman uncaring monsters. Helps set the tone of the universe. "Unwanted humans in my cargo hold? Fucka-youuuuu!" *fwooooshhhh*

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:49 »

Oh, okay.

IGS chatter only then.

I adore the Stonites. They add needed content. I like that every one of their posts is a subtle reminder that capsuleers are inhuman uncaring monsters. Helps set the tone of the universe. "Unwanted humans in my cargo hold? Fucka-youuuuu!" *fwooooshhhh*

Agreed.
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013, 09:00 by Makkal »

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:50 »

I don't mind 'em. They're harmless, even if a tad annoying at times. I kind of like the humanitarian slant they take though. It's better than moar grimdark.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:55 »

I should clarify I like the concept of the organization quite a bit.

How they have acted in-game to the most minor of setbacks makes me cringe, though.

Anslol

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2013, 08:59 »

How they have acted in-game to the most minor of setbacks makes me cringe, though.

Yeah I'll agree with that. The dec reaction was too much. Honestly, they had potential to establish themselves there as good RPers and classy trolls.

"Oh, you wanna shoot me while I collect cans? That's cool. I needed an excuse to buy this new cloaking device anyway. Oh hey, have you met my friends from the Marmite Collective?...oh you did?...they what your frozen corpse?...oh too bad...were there pictures?"

Yes I'm a horrible person and I care not.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2013, 09:07 »

Yeah, I like the humanitarian concept - I mean, obviously, look at how many humanitarian things I've done/gotten involved with on Morwen, ffs - but their execution/implementation of that concept is what makes me curl up sobbing in the shower.

They don't do anything that can be interacted with by other players except via the IGS, and gatecamping in Niarja. They're just... there. You can't affect them in any real tangible way.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2013, 09:15 »

They're just... there. You can't affect them in any real tangible way.

That seems sad.

I mean, they're spending X amount of money a month to support all those alts and they seem interested in RPing on some level.

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jun 2013, 09:17 »

I've contemplated deccing them once or twice - for, among other things, the reasons you laid out in Makkal's post on the IGS just a little while ago - but the fact that they really just have no tangible in-space presence on their 'mains' means it'd be a waste of money and little more than a symbolic gesture of "fuck you, lawbreakers, rawr".
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2013, 09:19 »

This sums them up well for me. There not bad as long as you keep them at arms length.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2013, 11:10 »

Pretty much standing in the same corner as  most others here - concept is moderately interesting, execution is meh at best.

Personally, they've fallen back to "minor curiosity/slight annoyance" now that they keep their spamming to a single thread; endlessly buffing a single thread is, in my opinion, no worse than the separate threads of repetitive topics we get on the IGS so often.

That said, IC, Esna has no reason to regard them as anybody worth contacting, as they have displayed a (to him) worrying mix of anti-Amarr sentiment and sheer incompetence.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jun 2013, 11:35 »

It would be interesting - and this is purely my inner troll coming out here - to try and figure out a way to interact with them in such a way that they're forced to act. Not a simple war dec, or merely shooting their ships when they take slaves from your can, but something that forces their hand ideologically.
Pages: [1] 2