General Discussion > General Non-RP EVE Discussion

RIP - Captain's Quarters

<< < (21/21)

Teinyhr:
Incarna I assume was meant to use voice communication, seeing as it also introduced voice fonts - i.e. lowering or increasing pitch of the voice basicly (I think those are still there, though I haven't checked in a long time).

Ché Biko:
Yes, I recall there was talk of being within earshot or not when standing in the same room with others.

Morwen Lagann:
Voice fonts proved they would be absolutely atrocious and detrimental to RP within about an hour of the server coming up after patch day - and we had voice fonts long, long before Incarna's release. At least a year and a half prior, in fact; I was in Ghost Festival at the time, and Incarna released towards the end of my time in Veto.

We immediately played around with them in corp chat and kind of collectively went "LOL, NOPE" at the results - the complete inability to tweak or customize the fonts in any way, shape or form basically killed the feature for RP use before it had a chance to go anywhere.

Louella Dougans:
the proliferation of alts means that ultimately, rp pvp has no meaning, because nobody puts anything of any importance at stake, because their isk and ship sources are concealed behind the curtains of altery.

"How is X able to afford all these militia losses ?" ponders someone IC. And there might be IC talk of cutting off the supply of materiel to X. But nothing will come of that IC interaction. Because X is supplied by Y alts, and there's nothing that can be done about that.

The only thing that's ever at stake is "face", which can be lost through awful IGS posting, and/or behaving like a cad at rp events. For which incarna might have been useful.

But it was not to be. Oh well.

Ché Biko:

--- Quote from: Louella Dougans on 12 Feb 2018, 17:00 ---because nobody puts anything of any importance at stake
[..]
and/or behaving like a cad at rp events.

--- End quote ---
Hi! I'm nobody.
Also, can confirm acting like a cat at RP events will hurt your rep at least a little.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version