Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Author Topic: Delete/lock please  (Read 1033 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Delete/lock please
« on: 18 Jun 2013, 05:22 »

Lock this please.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 07:26 by Ava Starfire »

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
Re: What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2013, 05:29 »

Hun; I think you should find a corporation that coincides better with your activity hours whilst keeping in touch with your friends from Gradient.

If this means making a departure from Ava's current world views then push her in that direction.

Your OOC happiness comes first and your desires should lead RP, not vice versa, in situations where your own personal mood is affected.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:32 »

I feel for you. I have been in the same kind of situation for a year or two. I mean, I have not been in a single event for mounths, or more. Last one was Silas party, and why would my character go there ? All the last ones she was not present. Here... Like you, I told myself "fuck off and lets go, let's say she just finds it intriguing and interesting in a naive way".

And I am not even speaking of live events. That's not the same thing...

Though there was Laisa's event in Minmatar space sunday evening no ? I was not able to attend sadly, but a few occasional events happen here and there.

Unfortunately though, if I had a solution for this, I would not be in the same situation in the first place. :/

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:47 »

Ava, when peoples upset you... KILL THEM  :twisted: Hostile RP is RP too. Most of the time it is my only type of RP. You can sit between peoples, who upset you, just to look for the next target to jump on. Well, I have to say, that my characters usually jump into channels when they see something upsetting to them to try to 'fix' it  :D

Most of RP events (outside of so called Live events) are made by players for players. Maybe you should try to make another your own event? Get a couple of peoples together, organize something, invite peoples to participate or just watch. Have fun. Take for example Silas, who made an event just for inviting new pilot to the corp. That your people don't want to come? Huh, throw invitation to random corps for random deeds. Throw invitation into militia channel to invite new peoples to try to RP. Invite some allies. Invite just random crowd to watch and cheer. Invite some enemies to possible make a trap for them or to laugh at. Be more active at it  ;) Some personal invitation would work too, since people will feel more wanted, more important, and, of course, more obliged to come.

Or I don't know. Ask PIE how they do it  :lol:

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2013, 06:56 »

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 07:27 by Ava Starfire »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:01 »

What're your active hours?

What're Ava's views within the whole "Minmatar thing" (I assume she's Minmatar because you're in -EM- and identify it as your "faction" - even if she's not, what're her views?)

Might be easy to engage with Havo... Then, if patient and depending on your hours, we might be helpful to one another both IC and OOC, depending on what direction you want most to take the character.

...how does being a bad guy in a faction of natural good guys sound?  Also, how does building a whole new faction sound?

Finally, while yes I've been gone for 3 years, I doubt frigate pvp other than Caldari is dead... Eve's pvp balance is and always will be rock/paper/scissors/autocannon.  We could sort that out... Depending on the other stuff.  PM me if you're interested in discussing RP and gameplay possibilities.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:15 »

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 07:27 by Ava Starfire »

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:18 »

"The rest, ok" as in Gal/Amarr are ok or as in "The rest of your post, ok"?

As for Minnie frigs sucking, we'll see... I don't hunt frigs when I'm soloing in a frigate hull :yar:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Desiderya

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:19 »

Regarding RP: What Halete said, basically. Find a group that aligns with your OOC interests, then see if you can amend your character to fit into that RP space. Any Mercenary unit might simply work by virtue of being apolitical, not requiring Ava to throw her convictions over board.

Regarding PVP: HTFU in big sodding red letters., find out what works, fly with friends. ~TruSolo~ is pretty much uphill by definition. If we're talking T1 frigates there are ships that work pretty well in every race's lineup. Maybe try out gallentean ships or the Breacher, which is fairly awesome. Firetail looks interesting, too. Or of course try the IWIN button of flying caldari. That's why Tristans, Incursuses and especially Atrons are basically never used in GalMil, especially not as bloody efficient doctrines.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:21 »

I agree with "kill them" but keep in mind (I can feel the heat already) that unless you fly caldari, frig pvp atm is an uphill fight at best. between that and the removal of the losec static 2/10s, pvp has become a frustrating, pointless exercise for me.

I'd LOVE to go kill my enemies. As soon as CCP unfucks my ships, maybe I can again.
1. Caldari frig is not equal to win. I have been losing hookbils to comets, and even to incursus.
2. There are small plexes, that are identical to 2/10s: destroyers and assault frigates.
3. I don't remember myself whining when there were mostly instalocking thrashers and SFI gangs. I was just grabbing whatever I can fly to try to score a kill or to die in a big ball of fire, and never waited for CCP to "unfuck my ships".

Considering all things, I would like to change my advice to this:

I believe, that the best and first thing to do for you would be to review your attitude towards the game. Really.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Delete/lock please
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2013, 07:33 »

[admin]Didn't wanna mod myself, as I was participating, but as the OP now lacks content, let me say this:HTFU is generally outside of the spirit/atmosphere we'd like to foster here.  Frankly, I expected reports and stuff and Morlag or Ghost to do cool Moddy things.  Two htfu's in a row, one blunt the other polite (enough so to be un-moddable, and I am not suggesting an intent to circumvent here, mind you), was almost certain to go downhill from there.So plz stahp htfu'ing, plz.Locked.[/admin]

Twitter

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Delete/lock please
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jun 2013, 08:31 »

[mod]There were only two replies to this thread when I left for work, and both were fine. Things went pear-shaped in the meantime.
Despite "HTFU" being a CCP-endorsed mantra for EVE players, there are both constructive and unconstructive ways of conveying that sentiment to other players. Big, red letters are pretty clearly going to fall in the latter category.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.