Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Author Topic: [Character] Trace Reading  (Read 838 times)

Trace Reading

• Clonejack
[Character] Trace Reading
« on: 13 Jun 2013, 14:56 »

Okay, here's my guy. I was putting close attention to the details (i.e. timeline, planets) but please call me out if I screwed up. Lots more to expand on/edit but it's pretty much a work in progress. Let me know what you think!

Capsuleer Name: Trace Reading
Birth Name:  Dolo Kemdur
Eyes: Olive Green
Hair: Black
Date of Birth: 11-6, YC 86 (Age 29)
Place of Birth: Thiarer IV
Height: 6’2” (188 cm)
Weight: 168 lb (76.2 kg)
Education: Capsuleer training - Pator Tech School
Religious Affiliation: Ammatar Church
Political Loyalties: Ammatar Mandate/Amarr Empire
Prior Employment: Flight mechanic, courier pilot (Minmatar Mining Corporation)
Family:  1 brother (eldest), 1 sister (older), father (deceased), mother (Alvyr Kemdur)

Timeline of noteworthy events (work in progress):

YC 101 – Dolo’s father, Wernik Kemdur, passes away from respiratory failure.

YC 103 - Dolo, along with his mother and sister, flee the Ammatar Mandate, eventually settling down in a crowded mining colony in Hagilur.  His older brother, who was a petty officer in the Ammatar Navy, was left behind.

YC105 – Dolo earns his industrial pilot license as a small cargo courier, moving shipments between the colony and planet.  Due to the high incidence of piracy in the area, Dolo also was involved in ongoing training in evasive tactics and deep space survival procedures. 

YC 107 – During one of his routine courier missions, Dolo’s ship was ambushed by local pirates.  In his attempts to elude his attackers, Dolo jettisoned the cargo and performed evasion maneuvers which put extreme amounts of heat and strain to his already overworked ship.  He successfully escaped the ambush and warped to a distant safe spot in the system. 

Unfortunately, most of his ship’s systems, including the propulsion, burned out from the strain put on them.  To preserve the life support systems, Dolo had to power down most of the remaining electronic systems.  He left a faint pulse beacon on in hopes of a rescue.  Meanwhile, search attempts by his employer with the help of a small Republic Fleet detachment were futile.

After almost 3 weeks in an increasingly desperate situation, his rescue finally came.  A small fleet from EVE University, on a training exercise, reportedly picked up a “trace reading” approximately 9 AU’s below the sun.  Initially dismissed as wreckage or distant belt, further scans of the area by other E-UNI pilots also noted similar results of this “trace reading”.   In addition, a faint electronic signal was picked up in the vicinity. Probes were launched, and when the scan readings identified a small vessel, a full rescue party was assembled.  Dolo was found, emaciated and weak from his ordeal, but made a full recovery at the Moon IV Outpost’s hospital. 

The news of his rescue circulated in several of the local media outlets, almost all of them citing the initial “trace reading” that led to his rescue.  Friends and co-workers jokingly began to call him Trace as a term of endearment, which ended up sticking as a nickname, eventually becoming his namesake when he became a capsuleer.

YC 109 - Trace’s capsuleer training began in Pator Tech School, in large part funded by a scholarship designed for Ammatar defectors to the Republic, along with tuition assistance from his former employer.

YC 113 – Trace graduates from PTS.  Despite living in the Republic for many years, Trace always considered the Mandate his homeland and remained loyal to God and his Empire. One of his first courses of action was to return to Derelik and assist with the rebuilding and relief efforts in areas still ravaged by the Elder War.  Not having heard of his brother, Trace remains anxiously apprehensive about finding out his fate.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [Character] Trace Reading
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2013, 17:26 »

Looks quite good so far! I like your interpretation of how he got his pilot's name.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.