Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Author Topic: Hanging up the Wizzard Hat  (Read 3026 times)

Graanvlokkie

Hanging up the Wizzard Hat
« on: 01 Nov 2010, 12:43 »

Well, not really a greeting, or a farewell or charater development, but I will post this here in any event.

Seems like I am going to be hanging up my wizzard hat, as I have come to a point where I cant get what I want OOC from the IC persona I have build around my charater (Graanvlokkie).

So, I cant use Graanvlokkie to do the things I want OOC, because IC he just wouldnt do it, and I cant start a new charater do these things, as it would be a waste of my toon (Graanvlokkie) if he justs sits in station and does nothing.

So, if you see Graanvlokkie in space it wont be the Graanvlokkie that is devoted to Sansha's Nation, but the one who opperates OOC.

And now my Eve client is empty without multiple windows open for all the different chats.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
Re: Hanging up the Wizzard Hat
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2010, 13:35 »

All you do in the game is IC for me, so in the future I will just judge you based on who you shoot. ;)

Have fun :)

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2010, 14:34 »

All you do in the game is IC for me, so in the future I will just judge you based on who you shoot. ;)

You must be having serious doubts about the general sanity of capsuleers, considering all the allegiance shifts.

Have fun :)

Seconded. Didn't know Graanvlokkie IC, so no real effect here.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2010, 16:29 »

You must be having serious doubts about the general sanity of capsuleers, considering all the allegiance shifts.

Oh yes.

I once made the suggestion to a more experienced EM pilot
"Some pod pilots seem a little fucked up"
"No" he replied "All pod pilots are a lot fucked up..."
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #4 on: 01 Nov 2010, 16:42 »

Shame to see you go. -Just when I got back in the game.

Maybe let me know what you are up to?

Anyway, have fun!
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2010, 00:47 »

Oh yes.

I once made the suggestion to a more experienced EM pilot
"Some pod pilots seem a little fucked up"
"No" he replied "All pod pilots are a lot fucked up..."

This is actually the reason for considering a stop in RP. OOC I am looking for something different in gameplay and faction warfare, at the moment, seems like the best place to find what I want to do. In short I am looking for some in space action with pilots to fly with.

I dont want to destroy my charater trying to write a story to try explain the shift in alligence. There is no way to reconsile the OOC decision with IC motives and persona. So it seems that the choice is either roleplaying and writing stories while spinning ships in station, or parking the persona one side while doing other things. 

I am not to sure though, and am looking at other things besides FW that wont totally destroy my charater.

Chell, perhaps send me a mail or convo me if you want to do something now that you are back in space.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2010, 11:09 »

Oh yea, tell me about it. Luckily it sort of fits the EVE backstory: capsuleers are new, they are very powerful, extremely difficult to kill or to deal with by legal consequences, responsible for the deaths of thousands, and regularly cloned in a process which while very brilliant is still not 100 %. So I just make RP out of that - and about finding the rare gems you actually can trust. Loyalty and betrayal play very strong roles in Else's story.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2010, 12:09 »

Well, after essentially being out of RP for just over a week I realised how much I actually get from the RP side.

A week of ship spinning was motivation to actually do an RP arc that Ive been putting off for more than 6 months, so I am currently out there doing my thing.

So, Graanvlokkie is back, and expect him to be a whole lot more active on the public RP side of things.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2010, 15:00 »

Well, after essentially being out of RP for just over a week I realised how much I actually get from the RP side.

A week of ship spinning was motivation to actually do an RP arc that Ive been putting off for more than 6 months, so I am currently out there doing my thing.

So, Graanvlokkie is back, and expect him to be a whole lot more active on the public RP side of things.

\o/
\o/

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 06 Nov 2010, 16:06 »

Hurray!

* Arvo Katsuya offers Graanvlokkie an ice cold Phanta.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 06 Nov 2010, 19:27 »

I dont want to destroy my charater trying to write a story to try explain the shift in alligence. There is no way to reconsile the OOC decision with IC motives and persona. So it seems that the choice is either roleplaying and writing stories while spinning ships in station, or parking the persona one side while doing other things.

Hm. It seems as though there should be a way around this.

Maybe you've already considered and discarded all of these (please forgive me, if so), but....

IF NOT IMPLANTED:

- Disillusioning experience / loss of faith / qualms

- Error in consciousness transfer, resulting in sharp personality change (not unlike brain damage)

- Brain damage

- Feigning any of the above (eez spai!)

- Capsuleer dementia (character realizes he no longer cares about the fate of Eve's NPC's any more than the player does; apt to make a dent in the loyalty of any idealistic Nation follower)

IF IMPLANTED

- Software bug

- Virus (could be from outside or otherwise stem from some odd happening with Nation itself)

- Hardware malfunction leads to sharp personality change

- Feigned change (eez again spai!)

A lot of these are reversible-- even retroactively-- if you decide you want to return to your old role. For instance, you could go with the "copying error," which is believable but very difficult to confirm, then decide later that your character faked the whole thing to go gather intel. Likewise, brain damage could be healed (yay super-science!) or hardware repaired.

I don't know if any of that is helpful, but I thought I'd toss it out, just in case. Good luck, whichever way you choose to jump.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2010, 19:30 by Aria Jenneth »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2010, 00:32 »

IF IMPLANTED

- Software bug

- Virus (could be from outside or otherwise stem from some odd happening with Nation itself)

Yes, it can be done, but the trope of "my implants made me do it" is so often used by players who want an excuse to do something they shouldn't, or undo something they shouldn't've, that it's, well, old.

Just saying.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 09 Nov 2010, 12:40 »

Yes, it can be done, but the trope of "my implants made me do it" is so often used by players who want an excuse to do something they shouldn't, or undo something they shouldn't've, that it's, well, old.

Just saying.

Well, true, usually. Thing is, if it's happening to a Nation character, that's a little more unusual due to 1. the widespread reliance on cybernetics to control (apparently) a character's very thoughts and 2. the usual presumption that Nation cybernetics are particularly high-quality.

... and then there's the point that implanted Nation characters are already in "My implants made me do it!" -ville.

Sometimes a shift in circumstances can give a cliche' some of its shine back.