Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Collaborative Effort: Aria Takes a Walk (Dam-Torsad OOC)  (Read 13194 times)

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Re: Collaborative Effort: Aria Takes a Walk (Dam-Torsad OOC)
« Reply #75 on: 07 Mar 2015, 17:11 »

Righto looks like forum posting is the best way, with so many people makes a lot of sense.

In case you missed it here: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6524.0

That is the IC thread for the tour of Dam-Torsad, I will be posting in reply to that shortly and then it is up to you wonderful slaves volunteers to get to building the world. :D

Like Aria I will keep my first post confined mostly to the shuttle, and my character's internal dialogue, which means you will have plenty of leeway to describe the vista that is opening up before us. Arkon would choose a safe and modern space port for the record, in deference to his companion's newness to Dam-Torsad, so the vista wouldn't be a medieval one yet - though he will definitely take her to such sights.

Hope that helps a little, Aria won't be looking here I believe and I will only glance occasionally to ensure Arkon can capably play the part of informed guide.

Looking forward to doing this with you all! :D

-A

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #76 on: 08 Mar 2015, 09:57 »

Added St. Junip's Cathedral to the list of locations.

St Junip's Cathedral is described as having a single massive spire and being one of Amarr's oldest and most definitive landmarks. It is also implied to be near the Royal Amarr Institute.

Source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/quafe-to-launch-quafe-ultra-promotion-campaign-sparks-debate/

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #77 on: 08 Mar 2015, 12:50 »

I will be posting but as I am totally new to forum rp, I am sort of watching the first several before I hop in...

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #78 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:40 »

*knocks politely, calls through door without opening*

Um. Guys? I appreciate the help, and the trickiness of the whole thing, but could someone please bite the bullet?

My main impression of Dam-Torsad so far is that it's really hard to see....

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #79 on: 09 Mar 2015, 11:23 »

OK.  How is this.  Luna will enter the scene in a trade district looking at fabrics and dresses for her customers.  the Abbess will enter the scene at her Abbey "in the shadow of St. Junip's Cathedral".  If Arkain wants he could take you on a tour to both places getting a piece of commerce and religion in Dam Torsad and umm.. giving me a chance to then interact with two of my characters.

I'll forgo eve tonight and try to write something ....
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2015, 12:49 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #80 on: 09 Mar 2015, 11:24 »

As I said I do not really have the time to write anything (so don't count on me except for ideas in the ooc thread), but if I find the time, maybe I'll try to write a thing or two...

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: 15 Mar 2015, 08:15 »

*calling in through the door again*

By the way, for our planners:

Aria's not just zipping around like a hamster on crack because she's eager to take everything in. There's a strong dash of that (and a mischievous streak), but her personal data kit also has onboard cybernetic camera system linked to her eyes. She's doing the Asian tourist thing and taking snapshots and/or video footage of everything she sees for closer examination, later.

I'm good with her bumping into Lunarisse, or not, as you see fit. It's entirely possible Luna's presence in the district isn't coincidental, especially since Aria's now working with SFRIM. She may be expecting to meet our two tourists there.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #82 on: 15 Mar 2015, 10:54 »

I may write something for the next stage, after the Cauldron. Got an idea.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #83 on: 15 Mar 2015, 13:27 »

If you decide to have Aria visit the Minmatar core systems give me a shout and Arnulf will be hospitable. She can also see her namesake if she likes.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #84 on: 21 Mar 2015, 09:04 »

*another call through the door*

The specific move Aria's contemplating against the MIO goes something like this:

* find some form of leaflet or prayer pamphlet that's due for distribution elsewhere in the city in the next couple hours, ideally someplace already visited. Ideally, this should be at least a semi-official circulation, printed and distributed by automated systems, if such a thing exists.

* employing her recently-acquired knowledge of Imperial iconography, switch out the Reclaiming sigil for the Amarr Empire with the sigil of House Khanid.

* if distribution is to be limited, raise the numbers printed by one or two orders of magnitude.

The goal is to create something relatively innocuous that the MIO will nevertheless want off the streets, stat. They come across as a censorious lot.

She's asking her expert systems for predictions of the MIO response. If the predicted outcome is satisfactory, she'll wind the toy up and let it run.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #85 on: 25 Mar 2015, 22:56 »

Just dropping a line, Luna will you be responding to Arkon's questions in my last post? Or should we just press on and assume that you are still walking with us? :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #86 on: 28 Mar 2015, 09:25 »

I.. didn't really meant to actually introduce sleeper tech but I can see why you thought of that.. So why not.  :P

Vikarion

« Reply #87 on: 11 Apr 2015, 23:49 »

I gotta say, this is some of the freshest and most interesting RP I've seen in a year. Good job.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #88 on: 13 Apr 2015, 22:59 »

We are continuing this, yes?

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #89 on: 14 Apr 2015, 01:33 »

We are continuing this, yes?

Yes, sorry busy week for me so I am being a bit slow with replies.

I should be able to post tomorrow as right now, and for the rest of tonight, I am actually at a little get together with friends.

Sorry for any errors in this post it is done from my phone.

-A
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7