Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Faster than Light Communication is regulated by CONCORD? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi! New to EVE RP  (Read 2361 times)

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
Hi! New to EVE RP
« on: 13 Jan 2011, 15:42 »

Hello all! o/

New player to EVE but long time RPer (Anyone else remember "Keep on the Borderlands"?) looking to get involved in the RP community of EVE.

I'm playing a Caldari Dissenter who is a bit of a rebel without a cause at the moment. I would like to get involved with a RP corp that would be in the anarchist, libertarian and/or anti-slavery, vein. For RP purposes though I'm not sure about joining an actual corp… I don't think it would be his style. Would joining an alliance be better perhaps? I'm not sure what to do about this… suggestions would be welcomed.

In the future I would like to get into building rigs and frigates and have the idea in my head that I would like to provide industrial (rigs, frigs, ammo, mods) and perhaps even logistic ship support to a group of freedom fighters.

Please see my character page: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1624.0

I look forward to comments and appreciate any advice you can offer.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
Re: Hi! New to EVE RP
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2011, 16:42 »

...Anyone else remember "Keep on the Borderlands"?...
Yes.
...anarchist, libertarian and/or anti-slavery, vein....
Pirates. Yarrrrrr.
Anarchy is a Guristas thing in my oppinion, but if you're looking into a more 'libertarian' role, you might be interested in the route I'm pondering for the near future.
For RP purposes though I'm not sure about joining an actual corp… I don't think it would be his style. Would joining an alliance be better perhaps? I'm not sure what to do about this… suggestions would be welcomed.
Corps are part of Alliances. Suggestions are always given, look at me, I'm dispensing with the verbal prodding right now. =P

As to character page, I'll poke it and probably pout because yours was written with more thought than mine. x3 Oh well.

Welcome to Backstage - and the end of your meatspace life - cookies are there, *points in two random directions,* and there's tea, coffe and water.
I can offer something stronger and there are well-dressed individuals offering brightly coloured pills hanging around, too.
Good luck in your future RPs. o/
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2011, 16:52 »

Welcome! To be honest, you'll probably want to join a corp, if only for your OOC enjoyment//camaraderie //avoiding NPC corp chat. Feel free to take your time though, I played nearly 8 months before I joined one.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2011, 20:07 »

libertarian

:D

In the mean time, Exile Coffee?

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2011, 05:07 »

Eww. What self-respecting Caldari wants that? Tea, my good sir?
Will work for pretty sig.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2011, 05:31 »

Welcome

I'm playing a Caldari Dissenter who is a bit of a rebel without a cause at the moment. I would like to get involved with a RP corp that would be in the anarchist, libertarian and/or anti-slavery, vein.

Gues what was the corp that came to my mind first... The Star Fraction(not sure does the description fits them)

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2011, 05:43 »

You join an alliance by joining a corp that is a member. Most alliances do not take one-man (or a couple-of-men) corporations as members due to the bureaucratic overhead just not being worth it, though there are exceptions. That said, capsuleer corporations in EVE are pretty much "corporations" in name and maybe some CONCORD bureaucracy only; they are basically groups of people who manage their businesses whatever way they frigging like, so you will probably find something that is managed in a way you like by looking around.

Pro tip: treat the search for a suitable corporation as an opportunity to RP. Join RP channels and RP at them, asking IC for recommendations for stuff you are IC looking for, etc. Judge the corporations you review as potential employers not just based on what they say about them OOC, but also how their RP feels to you when they respond to you when you put in an IC query.

And welcome to EVE.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2011, 07:47 »

Caldari \o/

Welcome to backstage and eve RP. Beware the Serpentis drug pushers...

:yar:
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2011, 09:01 »

o/ guys thanks for all the responses.

I should clarify the "no corp" thing… I was thinking of starting my own little corp "Kiely and Son" salvage, (Convo us for all your salvaging needs ; ) until I can build up some skills and be a bit more attractive to other corps… or maybe I can join an alliance with my small corp? I think the latter would be the best RP approach, but I'm not sure it is practical. I'm detecting perhaps not.

Anarchy is a Guristas thing in my oppinion, but if you're looking into a more 'libertarian' role, you might be interested in the route I'm pondering for the near future.

o/ Dossie, I don't think Max is going to be fully anti-pirate, he sees a lot of grey in that area. The myths of robbers and pirates who steal from the rich and give to the poor appeal to Max he is also aware many freedom fighters get labeled "pirates", but the blood thirsty psychopath variety of pirate looking to up their pod kill numbers, or the ones that try to kill him while he peacefully salvages asteroid belts... he's no fan of those pirates.

When you're ready to share I'd love to hear what you're pondering…

Gues what was the corp that came to my mind first... The Star Fraction(not sure does the description fits them)

o/ Akrasjel… that was where the path lead me to, but I don't have the prerequisites to join (too noob). Also, reading their mission statement I got the feeling it may be a tough go for a noob (a bit like diving in the deep end) they don't seem to have the same support system as some corps (skills, ships, isk) and they perhaps make you some instant enemies… would that be safe to assume?

But their philosophy absolutely appeals to me.
Pro tip: treat the search for a suitable corporation as an opportunity to RP. Join RP channels and RP at them, asking IC for recommendations for stuff you are IC looking for, etc. Judge the corporations you review as potential employers not just based on what they say about them OOC, but also how their RP feels to you when they respond to you when you put in an IC query.

o/ Elsebeth, great tip thank-you. Any channels to recommend?

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2011, 11:29 »

There's a big honkin' RP channels list here. If that doesn't help, join channel 'OOC' ingame if you already haven't. =]
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2011, 13:29 »

Welcome to Backstage!

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2011, 13:57 »

There's a big honkin' RP channels list here. If that doesn't help, join channel 'OOC' ingame if you already haven't. =]

Thanks Dossie... quite the list!

I'll have to get on some of those tonight and see where it leads.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2011, 18:05 »

...anti-slavery? Bah. Why does everyone hate us so much?

Anyhow, welcome to EVE, EVE RP, and such... We will attempt to make your experiences as pleasent as possible, while arguing constantly. Have fun!  :P
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Carmilla

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jan 2011, 06:30 »

They don't just hate anti-slavers, just you Esna :D

Awww... just kidding *Fluffles*

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2011, 12:47 by Carmilla »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2011, 05:10 »

Eww. What self-respecting Caldari wants that? Tea, my good sir?

All the cool teenagers in the Federation like coffee. And drugs. Thats called supply and demand, madam.

Also, hi. :D
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you
Pages: [1] 2