EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > The Summit (IG Channel Discussion)

Problems in summit moderation

<< < (18/18)

Lithium Flower:

--- Quote from: Inara Subaka on 31 May 2014, 23:35 ---bLolwat? You're smoking seriously good(maybe bad) shit if you think you've ever gotten a mute/ban for something without a warning unless you were being a blatant assmunch. If you were being an assmunch, well you deserve the mute/ban.
--- End quote ---
Then provide, where exactly were warnings for:
- 10-hour mute 10.04
- ban 10.04
- ban 16.05
Maybe I am stupid, maybe I just forgot, maybe I fail at search, but I couldn't find them. WHERE ARE THEY?

--- Quote ---No, no we don't. There are reasons, and I have the eve-mails/logs to accompany those reasons for every ban (not mute) that takes place.
--- End quote ---
Okay. Ban 16.05?

--- Quote ---Evading violation of the rules? Even Inara(IC) while drunk is more subtle than that, you were trying to push the limits of the known rules to see how far you could go without getting a warning... well surprise, you had gotten enough warnings that The Baws (aka Graelyn) had enough.
--- End quote ---
No. Trying to talk and express character views without hitting another unwritten rule and getting banned for no apparent reason.

Jekaterine:
Here Lithium have a relevant picture:

V. Gesakaarin:
You know the simplest explanation is that Diana Kim as a character behaves no differently in thought or opinion to either a modern Neo-Nazi or violent Jihadist. Hatred and intolerance are what defines them and if you want to play that sort of character there's nothing wrong with that, it's fiction and make believe after all. However, roleplay often also means you have to interact with other human beings both in-character and to an extent, out of character. It's a mutually constructive process and the intent of the Summit has always been to try and provide some sort of neutral ground for anyone to use for RP discussion. It's not a right, and it's not a privilege and it's moderated mostly to prevent it descending into an unusable and pointless mess of insults and drama that almost every non-moderated RP channel has so far ended up as.

Diana Kim is a locus of pointless insults that cause drama because their player seems to think they have every right to play a violent extremist character (which they do) but where the Summit is concerned, that right ends at the point it affects enough fellow users who just don't want to participate in a venue where the fictional neo-nazi type character spends most of the time flinging racial slurs and abuse at others because that's what extremists do. So given a choice between the enjoyment of one player who seems to enjoy playing their neo-nazi type Caldari character and a majority of others who for one reason or another probably can't be fucked either being the target of or reading fictional insults and abuse written in the style of the most base type of racial prejudice, vilification, and intolerance towards other characters, the mods seem to have chosen the majority over Diana Kim.

Honestly is it really that hard to grasp that it isn't "conflict rp" if all that it engenders is basically:

"Fuck you."
"No you."
"No you, fuck you."

Ad nauseum? Because that is basically all that Diana Kim has provided being an extremist in the Summit. It also seems to fall in the same categories as say, whipping slaves on camera in the summit: pointless drama and aggravating bullshit no one wants to participate in or be involved with, that neither provides content nor is constructive.

To then come on backstage trying to play the victim asking what rules you've broken then seems particularly disingenuous given that you the player deliberately play a character to justify insulting other characters on the summit continuously in order to get a reaction for "conflict RP". You know what it's usually called on the internet when you deliberately insult others just to get a reaction from them so you can, "create conflict"? Trolling. Diana Kim was banned from the summit because they and their player have, for the past year, continuously trolled other users thus impacting their enjoyment and participation in the Summit channel.

But hey, I guess there's always the IGS and the in-game Intergalactic Summit where Diana Kim as a character can be played as the extremist their player wants to be, right?

Katrina Oniseki:

--- Quote from: Lyn Farel on 01 Jun 2014, 03:13 ---pres butan nose

--- End quote ---

I like you. It's worth noting all that. I do kinda snap sometimes because of reasons mentioned. So, despite your posts sometimes, I don't want you to think I'm hating or anything. My posts in this thread are a result of being irritated with the situation and not being entirely interested in patient replies. If someone talks to me in private about something, I tend to be more reasonable than if they drag me through the mud in public.

THAT BEING SAID:

Lithium...

Ban 16.05 was, as stated, because Graelyn is tired of hearing about you as a focal point for constant issues. You're welcome to show me the logs personally, but I'd be willing to bet the final ban was not about something you did, but rather a final choice to get rid of you completely because of everything you did. All your former choices, issues, problems, all rolled up into one.

Think of it this way: Parole violation.

You're two weeks out of prison, and you go to the gas station to buy some sweeties. You're just minding your own business, but you're wearing a shirt that says "Tibus Heth is my waifu". Somebody at the gas station doesn't like that, and shoves you in the shoulder, calling you a Provist loving piece of crap.

You back off and raise your arms saying, "Woah, woah... chill out dude..." If you get into a fight, you'll go back to prison, so you don't want to fight. Well, too late. The person attacks, and you are forced to defend yourself.

Police show up, and your name shows up on the squad car's laptop as a parolee. You immediately get thrown in cuffs and tossed in the back of the squad car. A few swear words and insistent words that it wasn't your fault later, you realize the officer who cuffed you is the same one you kicked in the balls 2 years ago before you went to prison. Oops.

He doesn't care if it wasn't your fault, he books you for disorderly conduct, and you're shipped back to the lockhouse.

Is it unfair? Yeah. It is.

Like Morwen said, we can't do anything about it anymore. It's Graelyn's call, and we'd have to convince him to let you back in.... at this point, after this thread, I'm personally not inclined to try.

Graelyn:

--- Quote ---It's Graelyn's call, and we'd have to convince him to let you back in.... at this point, after this thread, I'm personally not inclined to try.
--- End quote ---

I think we'll end on that note.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version