Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Roleplay Issues with Katrina  (Read 18093 times)

Malcolm Khross

Re: Roleplay Issues with Katrina
« Reply #60 on: 03 Jul 2012, 08:55 »

Meh, I get the impression that I'm playing Malcolm all wrong apparently.

This isn't about anyone else's character. This is more about the fact that I personally don't like pointless debate that always gets heated about the same controversial topics. they were fun the first couple times, but when every new bob and sally comes onto the summit with another version of the same argument... it gets tiring. I needed a reason why Kat would just block rather than indulge.

This makes perfect sense and I apologize of interjecting my own issues into your thread. Forgive me?  :ugh:

Regardless, I like the way you play Kat and her newer, more aggressive side, is actually something Malcolm's been paying attention to. I won't express here what his thoughts are, since that's something to bring up IC. :)

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #61 on: 12 Jul 2012, 14:05 »

+1 Like!!!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #62 on: 12 Jul 2012, 21:59 »

*peeks in to make sure Katrina isn't seekrit True Amarr*

Have certainly noticed the change in personality, good luck sharpening those verbal spears.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #63 on: 12 Jul 2012, 22:48 »

Have certainly noticed the change in personality, good luck sharpening those verbal spears.

Haha, thanks. I could say part of it is because of Silas' urges for Kat to make a name for herself and such. Kat secretly respects Silas for her experience and merit, of course, even though she won't ever admit it. So it makes sense that Kat's change in personality is partly spurred by Silas.

When she wrote the sharp reply to Silas, I was hoping Silas would like the way Kat was standing up to her instead of get offended. But it's cool how it ended up anyways. :D
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2012, 22:51 by Katrina Oniseki »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #64 on: 13 Jul 2012, 08:14 »

Haha, thanks. I could say part of it is because of Silas' urges for Kat to make a name for herself and such. Kat secretly respects Silas for her experience and merit, of course, even though she won't ever admit it. So it makes sense that Kat's change in personality is partly spurred by Silas.

When she wrote the sharp reply to Silas, I was hoping Silas would like the way Kat was standing up to her instead of get offended. But it's cool how it ended up anyways. :D

Interesting, and thank you. 

I think we don't see nearly enough ruthless corporate "bulldog" types, so I'm all for this.  We need way more "Weyland Corp" alpha-females in Caldari RP. More ruthless executives getting it done for THE COMPANY. 

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #65 on: 10 Jan 2013, 23:57 »

Necro Update

It seems Simca is quitting EVE. You all will see an IGS post detailing what happens to Simca Develon sometime soon-ish. I'm not sure myself what will be in it, but it will either be MIA or KIA. Probably some accident or something. Anyways, what happens to her isn't the point of this post. The point is... what will happen to who's left behind?

Fully half of my RP has been built around Simca and Katrina. Hell, they're a household term among the OOC as "SimKat". Simca and Katrina are so tied into each other that without one, the other falls apart. I'm at a crossroads as to where to go next. I can see four major options: Depression, Rage, Apathy, and Acceptance.

Depression is listed first because, thanks to the way Katrina's character is written - it's the most likely and fitting reaction for her. She lives in a house that was custom built specifically for the both of them, most of her strongest flaws and insecurities were comforted or eliminated by her relationship, and almost everything in her life would remind her of it.

Rage is the next most probable, for many of the same reasons. This probably means she'll just go pirate and say "Fuck I-RED, fuck the State, and fuck everyone else but me. Nothing lasts forever."

Apathy is the least likely, really... because it's just odd.

Acceptance is something I'm considering, but I'm not sure how. This is where you come in. I'd like advice on how Katrina could accept the loss of the single most important aspect of her life, ever, and literally the only person she's ever loved. (Explicitly written that way, for :reasons:, not just OMG MARY SUE.)

Some ideas I have are that maybe she accepts this situation as proof that wanting for herself is pointless, and that living for the State would be a greater and much less painful path. A reminder to the collective mentality, and that while you might lose your loved ones, you'll never lose the State.

Or maybe she just figures "shit happens", and gets over it with some minor problems. But I've never suddenly lost a fiance in RL before, and only know one person who has... and this person has SERIOUS emotional issues. He's a fucking train wreck. So I don't see this sort of 'suck it up' mentality as very.... believable.

So I need help. I need a way to continue my enjoyment of Katrina without Simca in the picture. Keep in mind again, that as in the first post I made.... Kat is still a sort of escape for me, and I just lost a pretty alluring aspect of that escape (a romance novel). What else can I enjoy by Kat?

HALP!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 11 Jan 2013, 00:18 »

For the majority of EVE RP......

...dont mention it.

Seriously, why would Kat?  Shes goes on IGS to talk to her peers, her enemies, and her rivals.  Why would she give them a handle to hurt her?  To use against her?

For the most part, she will go on being the ice cold Caldari we all know and love.  That she might be suffering privately is her own business. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #67 on: 11 Jan 2013, 00:30 »

I would second the stoic public face idea. Not that it can't have cracks. Privately, any of those might work - though as an alternate 'rage' avenue I might suggest throwing herself into the work of the corporation even more - perhaps unhealthily so.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #68 on: 11 Jan 2013, 01:30 »

I'd imagine, that like Gottii and Silver said, Kat will keep a stoic public face while leaning heavily on those close to her. There will be good opportunity for private RP, and occasional hints of the turmoil within in public forums.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 11 Jan 2013, 01:48 »

Well, with a very high percentage of mobilised citizenry deployed on a number of fronts I'm sure that the Caldari people are no strangers to loss, sacrifice, grief and mourning.

If you want to mitigate the effects that this event will have on Katrina then you need to find a path to work through this grief in such a way that she doesn't wind up isolated from her support structure.

Unfortunately I don't know Kat as well as I'd like. I know she and her boss are close colleagues, but that's about it. I'm not aware of any other close relationships she could use, but there should really be a wake. Kresh spirit. Green branches as decorations that indicate that life goes on. A chance for all of her acquaintainces and colleagues to show solidarity - in that quiet way that Heiian advocates.

It won't be enough on its own, but it is catharsis, it's a public acknowledgement of the loss and a public display of grieving. It would help.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #70 on: 11 Jan 2013, 03:35 »

:cry:

Desiderya

« Reply #71 on: 11 Jan 2013, 06:47 »

Depression and Rage mix well in dire situations. Also, rage for the State is a suitable outlet as well.  :bear:

All in all, however, don't do something in game you won't have fun doing. In the end you can put the spin on Katrina through this event as you want. While I do agree that change must happen I don't necessarily think that it must be radical by default.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2013, 06:50 by Desiderya »

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #72 on: 11 Jan 2013, 08:20 »

It seems Simca is quitting EVE. You all will see an IGS post detailing what happens to Simca Develon sometime soon-ish. I'm not sure myself what will be in it, but it will either be MIA or KIA. Probably some accident or something.

Revenge upon those who killed or took her can also be an outlet.  Suitable, unsuitable, eh, who cares as long as it's fun?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #74 on: 11 Jan 2013, 08:46 »

Or she can look for another to fill the sudden void because she can't accept it.

Like, I hear that JFR is a very comforting man.

:P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11