Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wanted: a few SISI fraps 'actors'  (Read 3670 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Wanted: a few SISI fraps 'actors'
« on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:21 »

I'm still working on my long-term video RP project, and will need a few sisi ship 'actors' eventually to fill a few roles (only so many things you can do with a single alt production-wise, unless i just have a bunch of pilot-less ships hanging still in space :P ).

I'll be doing all of my homework and prep ahead of time and having all of the 'shots' pre-organized and camera angles set up ahead of time with bookmarks, so this will be minimally invasive time-wise.  The idea being the extras would log in, hop into ships I've already fit and left on grid, and we'd quickly run through the various 'shots' I need with FRAPS, shooting certain targets, etc, and a few explosions. I will take care of as much as possible solo and would only probably need people for an afternoon or two in the coming months.

None of the work will be difficult for pilots, a lot of 'set MWD to x speed and fly towards x' in formation or, 'orbit y and shoot rockets' type of things. I'll be flying around in an inty probably to get the camera angles i need.

This won't be happening just yet (still storyboarding the in-space stuff) but I wanted to get a little list of people I could potentially call on for a few hours of sisi theater.

Ships we'll be using:

Bhaalgorn
a few cruors
a few interceptors/frigates (probably Caldari, probably Merlin-based hulls)
Mining Ships - Probably the ORE command ship and maybe a few barges

Long story short, a deep low-sec mining operation gets a rude awakening when attacked by raiders. The in-space stuff will deal with lot of shots of the peaceful mining op, security patrols, shit hitting the fan with cruors inbound, security wing attempts intercept, some fighting, and then OMGWTF Bhaalgorn warping on top of the main capsuleer-operated ORE ships that have been scrambled, some explosions, and then the 2nd half of the video (series of still 'paintings' or small-animations) will revolve around the Bhaalgorn boarding party fighting on board the ORE ship to complete their objectives.

Anyway lots to work on!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Wanted: a few SISI fraps 'actors'
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:26 »

Depending on when it's needed, I'd be glad to help out.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:30 »

I've already got my music picked out and have set most of the main story beats to specific points in the songs....

The songs will do a great job of (1st half) the wonder and grandeur of space, the peaceful mining operation, etc, and has quite an 'eve' feel to me with the proper scenery of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRtDxu48EfU

the 2nd song is perfect for the ramping up of hostility as the attack begins, and then Sabik fanatics with the chanting and general action / insanity of a boarding action going on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6GX0K5IjC4

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:48 »

I'm up for it. Can fly any of the combat ships easily (or even bring my own, when it comes to a Bhaal or Cruor).

I have a couple weekend things coming up on and off over the next month or so but I'm mostly available otherwise.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:49 »

Doyou need the pilots to all have computers that can run fraps? cause I'll help if I don't have to shoot video. I can't run eve on high graphics.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:53 »

I'd be the only one needing to run FRAPS, and I've got the rig for the highest settings. The actors don't need to record anything.  The reason I need people is I can't do dynamic shots by myself (say, a few ships flying in front of the camera).

The 'acting' will be super easy (fly from A to B at x speed, warp to this location at 10 km, shoot at x target and orbit, etc).

I'll be the 'camera'  in something fast zooming about or with static 'camera' spots watching the action, and focusing the camera on 'interests' that pan by.  It's easy enough to keep your own ship out of the shot with zooms and pans, etc.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2012, 11:13 »

ahh okay, yeah, in that case, sure I'll help. Saede can fly the barges, anything caldari, and some low level minmatar stuff

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:12 »

ahh okay, yeah, in that case, sure I'll help. Saede can fly the barges, anything caldari, and some low level minmatar stuff

No dirty minmatar in this one :P

Cutting the video and adding camera effects should theoritically go fairly smooth, the real hard part will be depicting all of the 'human' parts of the story.

I've been dabbling with Source Filmmaker but having to use pre-made models won't fit (and I've no time to create eve-centric character models).

It will likely be a combination of using a 3d modeling program to dress up some 'sets' to take still images correctly, and then making 'cinemagraphs' which are essentially still images with a small amount of repeating animation (say, a flickering torch or alarm light, etc)
Subtlety is key here. :)

http://vimeo.com/23163811

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:16 »

I think having someone do digital speedpaints of the scenes might produce the effect you're looking for with the still images. Sort of what eve's original intro had, or the trailer for WoD

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:20 »

I think having someone do digital speedpaints of the scenes might produce the effect you're looking for with the still images. Sort of what eve's original intro had, or the trailer for WoD

Eve's original intro is exactly, exactly right.  The drawings are 'loose' enough to fill in some details with imagination. They are more evocative than descriptive if that makes sense.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:50 »

Have you looked through the art and uniforms thread? There's some great artists there whose art looks very much like the style you're going for here. I'd offer to help but I am currently sans art tablet.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2012, 14:02 »

I can help a little, Malcolm can fly pretty much any Caldari frigate or destroyer hull (except the Flycatcher).
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2012, 18:04 »

Capable of flying any Blooder hull here. Throw me a mail ingame!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2012, 18:39 »

x Bhaalgorn

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 18 Sep 2012, 19:48 »

Can fly any Minny subcap, any Gallente frig, T1 or T2, any Amarr frig, T1 or T2, and Gallente Cruisers, BCs, and BS. Happy to help if i can
Pages: [1] 2