Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: Vanquish the Devourer  (Read 1165 times)

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
Vanquish the Devourer
« on: 29 Mar 2012, 21:49 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1042709&#post1042709

I wanted to make a topic to discuss the OOC aspects of this festival. This is the first time I'll be running an event of the size I'm hoping this gets, so I'm of course looking for feedback.

How admission will be run:
I'm hoping to invite as many people as possible, but we want this to be a fun festival, we don't want it to turn into drama and fireworks, so only people who we know OOCly are not going to start incidents with violence or drama will be allowed in. Amarrian loyalists will summarily be denied access except on a case by case basis. This will need to be discussed both OOC and IC. For everyone else, just mail kiki and ask for an invitation, and I'll add you to the allowed list for the festival's channel, Toladr Mahon. The channel mode will be set to blocked by default and will be passworded until a day before the festival starts. On that day, I'll clear the password, so that anyone on the allowed list can come in. Those who decide to show up last minute can join the channel 'Khadsvern, Mikramurka' and talk to someone, and we can get you access.

Moderation:
We don't want this getting ruined, so here are some simple rules
*Don't bring in violence. You will be kicked out. There will be no fighting, no godmodding, no shenanigans of that nature, you will get the boot.
*Don't start pointless bullshit drama, its unneeded. We want this to be fun, not stressful and facepalm inducing. That means, if your character is someone who is known to cause trouble and be a pain, you may be denied access.

Volunteers
This is obviously a large event, and I'm looking for some helpers to aid in conducting the larger ceremonies, moderating the main channel, and keeping active and around in the venue to stir up RP. For those interested in this, send me a mail.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2012, 13:46 by Kiki Truzhari »
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Vanquish the Devourer
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2012, 04:11 »

Just a small note: Forcing every Sebiestor into having New Years on the 27th of April is kind of not cool.

Kiki Truzhari

• Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2012, 06:27 »

Just a small note: Forcing every Sebiestor into having New Years on the 27th of April is kind of not cool.

I wasn't meaning to imply that every clan celebrated it at that date, just the rural farming clans from where kiki's grandparents live, where it makes sense for the new year to be at the same time as spring and planting. I see how I accidentally implied that though, and changed the wording a bit to not say that.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2012, 06:40 by Kiki Truzhari »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2012, 07:39 »

Looks good. That's basically the way to get pretty much anything within Matari RP accepted and even embraced by everyone else. Make it a clan specific thing and it'll be cool as cucumbers.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2012, 07:49 »

Good luck with your event, I hope it goes well!

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2012, 12:50 »

I think I'd like to go, but my time is as usual, limited and at odd hours.  Do you have an idea of how long each day this would be going on? 

Kiki Truzhari

• Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2012, 13:43 »

I think I'd like to go, but my time is as usual, limited and at odd hours.  Do you have an idea of how long each day this would be going on?

hopefully most of all three days, so dropping in some of the time is of course okay.

Kiki Truzhari

• Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2012, 13:45 »

poking this topic with the stick of activity.

Aphoxema G

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2012, 10:25 »

Soon.