Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I hate to be the bearer of bad news  (Read 2279 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Re: I hate to be the bearer of bad news
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jan 2014, 11:00 »

Again good luck.

Not sure if this will help, but you could try a temp agency if it gets down to it.  It might suck (I know personally how much it could suck), but even minimum wage adds up. 

Sorry for the unasked advice, it just leaps out sometimes.  But if you want, I could ask my SO about any tips she might have.  She's better at it than I am. 

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jan 2014, 11:16 »

actually if I can get a job through a temp agency at one of the local factories, that is likely to be one of the best paying jobs I can get. (at 8 dollars an hour). Its at least 40 hours a week. There's very little chance of me ending up in a job that pays anything other then minimum wage. The area I live in is very economically depressed. My options as someone without a college degree are basically just fast food, walmart or other retail, or a factory. Regardless of where I go, I'm going to be making minimum wage. I'm continuing to apply for jobs, but things might be about to get a lot worse. I'm just waiting for a call from the doctor's to find out. I don't want to say anything else until we have news though.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2014, 10:25 »

Good luck to you Saede. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you guys.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jan 2014, 15:35 »

continuing to keep people in the loop

Streya has a job now, but its only part time. I still can't find work. No one is calling back or returning my emails.

So, our landlady needs us to pay 235 dollars on January 19th. Then, the full 425 dollar rent for February is due on Feb 1st. There's no way we can pay both those amounts off Streya's part time income, much less also cover bills. We're lucky that we have food stamps or we wouldn't be eating at this point.

I hate begging, but if anyone is doing well and wants to help us out, we'd definitely appreciate it, and I could try and pay people back later.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2014, 10:33 »

Do you live near Richmond, VA?
-OOChé

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2014, 10:35 »

Not particularly near no. I have paypal if anyone wants to help out though. my paypal email is Tsakara@live.com same as my regular email. I also took someone's advice and figured out how to put a donation button on my blogsites, so that's an option too, the links for my blogs are in my signature.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2014, 11:49 by Saede Riordan »

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2014, 06:47 »

Best of luck, hun. I know the feeling worrying about bills, eviction, etc.  :cube:

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2014, 13:45 »

Wish I could help, as it is I'm letting my EVE sub lapse (of course just as I friggin GET to null and could have plexed my sub, but as CO2 is at war, that scratches that idea) and keeping myself busy elsewhere.  My mother and I are looking into renting a single house instead of all of of us being in separate apartments to lower the bills costs, etc., still in Philadelphia.  (There is a house that is identical  to the one we all used to live in that she used to own that's for rent, so we know it would be perfect and we wouldn't be in strangling distance - two to three families can live comfortably in it.) We may end up moving out west eventually to Oregon - this summer my mom is going to visit family and will be contacting real estate agents and working with family there to see if they're willing to help out.  Because of my physical BS and that my ex has now solidly placed a foreclosure on my credit report I'm sort of stuck when it comes to stuff myself, and no one can find a job.  So yeh, basically it's the people on Social Security (disability or pension) who will be paying the bills, heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkm7R_2Zi4

« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2014, 13:47 by Arista Shahni »
Pages: 1 [2]