EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > CCP Public Library

Minmatar Lore Project

<< < (3/4) > >>

Louella Dougans:
player-made lore should be a different, separate, section, so as not to confuse people, when making a guide. it's not helpful to have people become confused and assert that some player-created stuff is canon, and get into arguments with other people about it.

also, doing L1 and L2 missions can find a lot of interesting little pieces of lore that are not visible elsewhere.

Lucian Fenrir Khan:
Thank you Silver for the post here. This is exactly what I have been looking for. :!:

Jocca Quinn:
These come from Theodicy  http://fiction.eveonline.com/stories/short-stories/theodicy and as such have no YC date.

"And so we watched, those of us who had survived, from afar as our home world burned and the legions of evil marched before their sign, herding our people like so much cattle into transports. A life of slavery awaited those cursed souls; it would have been better for them had they never been born. How, dear God, did it come to this? Were these invaders not of flesh and bone like us? What evil is this that compels men to commit such horrors against each other?"

- Sebiestor Tribe Chronicles, Minmatar Archives, "The Path of Krogan"

============================================================================

"It is said that cowardice lurks behind power; that every tyrant fears the day when his subjects learn where the source of real power lies. What better way for an emperor to hide that truth than by claiming the will of deities and threatening divine consequence to those who question it!"

"The Elder's Tome", Matari Chronicles

=============================================================================

"I will tell you how this madness is born: A man peers over the egde of chaos, into the event horizon, where light can never escape. Then he turns and sees the remnants of his shattered life, of what was taken from him without pause or remorse. The soul decides, because the man is already dead, and it craves chaos for this purpose: To kill the god who did this to him."

The Thukker Testament, excerpt from Vol III

"I doubt that history will record how fiercely we fought for our freedom. There will be no chronicles detailing the courage of Minmatar warriors or the unity of our tribes during the Rebellion. But historians will go to great lengths to make sure that other Empires take credit for ensuring our survival, and that before we were anything else, we were slaves first. On that point, future generations will be certain."

-The Nefantar Paradigm, Uniija Krur

"In my dream I was visited by a warrior spirit, who said nothing but pointed towards the gate, where I saw daylight when I knew there should have been darkness instead. The next morning, the slaver that guarded the barracks we lived in lay dead at the entrance, and the Glaive-collars around our necks had been mysteriously removed. Then we noticed the weapons arranged on the dirt upon we slept, begging to spill the blood of the one who made us call him `masterĀ“."

-Anonymous, "Glaive Wars", Kurusal Archives

"Civilization looks away while we deploy ships to guard borders beyond which Minmatar slaves still toil for Amarrian masters. How else are we to interpret this complacency as anything but indifference? How long are we to exercise restraint, in accordance to your definition of decency, while this evil is allowed to exist?"

- Karvour Thorel, Brutor Representative to the Minmatar Republic Council, CONCORD Assembly, 23343 AD

"It took the indifferent cruelty of a Glaive-collar to make us forget which tribe we came from, and the horrors of war to unite us as Minmatars."

- Isinnur Urlbrald, Vherokior Council Historical Archives, 23217 AD

Elmund Egivand:
'The Path of Krogan'?

Casiella:
Shepard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version