Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance  (Read 25223 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Dev Post: [Winter] Marauders Rebalance
« Reply #195 on: 17 Oct 2013, 06:18 »

Bastion mode as it stands right now seems fine to me, having spent several hours testing it -outside- of PVE scenarios (yes, that means PVP) in the last few weeks. Have you even tried it on Sisi yet, Silas, or are you just going on hearsay?

It's pretty clear they're going to be absolutely terrible against large numbers of high-powered opponents. But against smaller gangs, or less powerful battleships, they will shine in small groups.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #196 on: 17 Oct 2013, 12:49 »

All Hearsay All the Times :)

Had a good conversation in alliance yesterday we think these actually do have a super useful purpose:

High Sec POS Bashing.

Think of all those large towers in highsec that are virtually indestrutable full of hardners and jammers and guns.

Bastion fleet, immune to ewar, super tank for the POS guns. 

Say goodbye to your previously cushy research towers.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #197 on: 17 Oct 2013, 12:58 »

All Hearsay All the Times :)

Had a good conversation in alliance yesterday we think these actually do have a super useful purpose:

High Sec POS Bashing.

Think of all those large towers in highsec that are virtually indestrutable full of hardners and jammers and guns.

Bastion fleet, immune to ewar, super tank for the POS guns. 

Say goodbye to your previously cushy research towers.

I'm pretty sure the biggest pos guns could alpha these things. I'll bet they come in handy for swatting POCO's when that becomes an option, though.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #198 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:05 »

The high resistances actually makes these ideal for swatting unmanned towers. If you've focused POS gunners though they'll probably break.

Then throw on the damage application bonuses and they'll be able to hit the tower through a large shield using high damage short range weaponry. They will make dickstar grinding less hell.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #199 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:08 »

Eeeeyup. And handy for getting rid of the annoying abandoned, offline POS that are all over the place. I've already got a few marked out I'd like to clean up. Just need to do some research on their owners first, then... waiting...

(@Silas) I really, really highly suggest you get onto Sisi and play with it a bit yourself. Like I said above, it's going to be decent at engaging and tanking -small- gangs (10 or below), but these by no means are going to be replacing battleship fleets (or faction battleship fleets) anytime soon. I will say that I think they may be a little over the top for PVE based on the numbers alone, but I also haven't had the opportunity to play around with them in missions on Sisi yet - and Cael's knowledgeable enough about PVE stuff that I'm usually good taking his word on this kind of thing at face value. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #200 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:35 »

Bastion might be a nice GTFO timer for deagression.  Your side losing? Activate bastion, tank damage while deagressing. Jump and MJD.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #201 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:37 »

You get a weapons timer for activating the Bastion module, so no.

You have to wait 60 seconds after it deactivates to jump through a gate or dock in a station.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #202 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:38 »

You get a weapons timer for activating the Bastion module, so no.

You have to wait 60 seconds after it deactivates to jump through a gate or dock in a station.

dat's awful.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #203 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:40 »

Yeah the 60 second weapons timer is one of the more universally disliked features of this.

So's the fact if you disconnect while missioning in one of these, when the client realises you've DC'd it'll turn off all modules and then fail to e-warp.

And will not attempt another e-warp when Bastion mode disengages. Hope you don't have a lot of rat aggro on you!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #204 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:42 »

The high resistances actually makes these ideal for swatting unmanned towers. If you've focused POS gunners though they'll probably break.

Then throw on the damage application bonuses and they'll be able to hit the tower through a large shield using high damage short range weaponry. They will make dickstar grinding less hell.

Considering the sheer amount of alpha power of large turrets (anti capitals), I am not sure...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #205 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:43 »

No, that's good. It means it ISN'T a "GTFO" button.

And anyone attempting to engage a Marauder should be packing a scram or two in their gang anyway - that's the only way to stop the MJD. That or neuts.

The issues with disconnecting and e-warps are separate. I like the weapons timer. Really like it. Because it means that they either have to survive 60 seconds after it deactivates (which, to be fair, could just be a really long warp, with the changes to warp speed/acceleration), or die a slow death eventually. I don't like that it flails about and shuts off modules when you disconnect and doesn't bother trying to warp out when the module shuts off.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #206 on: 18 Oct 2013, 17:52 »

I can't fucking wait to fly one into battle, and kill some stuff. I'll probably die, but what fun!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #207 on: 23 Oct 2013, 16:26 »

SiSi got updated to the latest version of Rubicon tonight, now with Paladin Bastion animations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdtzVnpXgqI

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #208 on: 23 Oct 2013, 16:45 »

Except it's gonna take 5 days to train High Energy Physics to 4...didn't know this, so :urgh:

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #209 on: 23 Oct 2013, 18:27 »

Except it's gonna take 5 days to train High Energy Physics to 4...didn't know this, so :urgh:

5? I've got a perc/will setup and it only takes me 3.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15