Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a capsuleer corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Amarr Arc  (Read 45514 times)

Anslol

Re: Amarr Arc
« Reply #45 on: 22 Feb 2013, 11:14 »

Wait so it DOES exist?....lol@the storm that would ensue should it be made public.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #46 on: 22 Feb 2013, 11:16 »

dismissable.

it would be from a time from when all corpses were male

thus:
"you expect us to believe that's the corpse of the Empress? it's not even the right gender!"
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 22 Feb 2013, 11:46 »

I suggested this line of pursuit to the covenant a few weeks back, and it is being 'looked into.'

Additionally I asked my 'at the time' inside PIE man IC to poke about the PIE leadership to see.

Khan spilled the beans IC on his thread regarding his PIE dismissal which is of course his perogative IC, I of course had been hoping it would be held under wraps until more information was available...

The idea being if Sabik agents could gain control of the corpse it could be used to destabilize the Imperial Government.

Obviously no one would believe anything coming from us, so the plan would be to make a deal with certain Heir Families to give them the corpse.  I have a feeling some families (Ardishapur) would even make a deal with the devil to attain that particular object.

We'd of course use that to our advantage at a later point but, the mission of throwing the empire into an internal shitstorm was very appealing...

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 22 Feb 2013, 11:58 »

I don't think that this corpse will change anything much.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:02 »

I don't think that this corpse will change anything much.

Indisputable evidence of Jamyl Clone would would indeed change many things.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:04 »

Although I'd prefer a civil war IC and OOC, there's no reason such a thing couldn't force an abdication. I mean hell the POPE just got pushed out due to internal scheming for the first time in 600 years. It could happen in EVE :P

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:06 »

But it's not indisputable evidence: The most you might get off it is that she had capsuleer implants, but there is no way to show by the corpse that the neural imprint that (might) have been taken from the clone (as one would have to show by a really old frozen (?) corpse) has been received anywhere.

P.S.: That the pope was 'pushed out for internal schemeing' is pure speculation on your part. Actually, for the 'internal schemers' an old senile pope, like Johannes Paul was, is much better than a pope abdicating and making room for a new pope who's younger and better able to fight for his intentions for the church.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2013, 12:09 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #52 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:10 »

The corpse will have a fried brain matter resulting from the burning scanner. That would be pretty telling.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:11 »

It would also BE the corpse of Jamyl freaking Sarum. DNA verified.

There shouldn't be any other Jamyl Sarum's out there.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:13 »

As I said, even if it has, one would have to show that the imprint has  been received somewhere. There's no church doctrine against burn-scanning a brain, there's one against clones. So, you got a burn-scanned brain, fine. But where is the clone?

Nothing gets any more obvious than it was before. The heirs and the TC hand-waved it back then, they will do so again. Yonis has nothing to gain by this, else he would have people out searching for that corpse already.

Of course there should. God gave her another body, it's a freakin' miracle after all. <.<
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2013, 12:17 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:17 »

I'm not sure what the brain scan has to do with it? It's a dead meat sack of Jamyl Sarum, with her DNA, which isn't supposed to exist, anywhere.

Whatever condition the brain is in doesn't matter.  It could be just her arm or her leg floating out in space and that would be enough, since there should be no body parts anywhere in the universe with her DNA, according to the powers that be.

But haters gonna hate *shrug*

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:21 »

Not true. The body pars that were cut off Kor-Azor had his dna as well. If you ampute a leg of a heir, that body part has his DNA and the heir is allowed to get it regrown (with some Ardishapur hand exceptions).

Jamyl died, so there was a corpse. No where is stated that when God sent Jamyl back, he didn't grant her a new body. Rather than sending her back into a decaying mass held in some 0.0 hangar, why shouldn't he just *snip* and have her returning in a brand new body? There's no church doctrine that prevents God from granting people he sends back from the dead a new body, no?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:23 »

To my understanding, the corpse's mere existence does not mean anything. The Shathol'Syn ritual as it was performed in the live event demands that Jamyl explode her capsule as a means of committing suicide; this would, logically, produce a corpse.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #58 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:27 »

To my understanding, the corpse's mere existence does not mean anything. The Shathol'Syn ritual as it was performed in the live event demands that Jamyl explode her capsule as a means of committing suicide; this would, logically, produce a corpse.
This.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 22 Feb 2013, 12:29 »

I suppose it depends on what her shitty official alibi is... :P

It would also matter if the corpse is 'original' Jamyl, or 'clone' Jamyl.   If it is original Jamyl then your alibi could work Esna, but if it's a clone body with her DNA then that is a deal breaker, since there should be no clones of her at all.

This also goes into weather they have retconned all capsuleers as having to 'die' a first time before getting their careers going.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26