Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Author Topic: Chanounian Wine  (Read 427 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Chanounian Wine
« on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:23 »

Chanounian Wine

Missionary Log: Day 67

I admit our efforts these last months to convert the natives are going nowhere.  We’ve brought them samples of our technology, and our modern medicines, yet the word of the Lord falls upon deaf ears.  My brethren in the Clergy thought me foolish to come here to this forsaken planet and preach in this manner...to come lightly armed, and to try and convert through words and actions, and not by force. How they must laugh at me now...

Day 78

We lost another man last night to a raid from the natives. We managed to fight them off, but barely.  They test the walls of our camp daily at this point, and supplies are beginning to run low...I trust that the Lord will provide, but I must admit things are beginning to appear hopeless...

Day 84

I’ve sent word to their Chieftain that we wish to negotiate.  They are sending an envoy this evening. Lord give me strength to find a way, to find something to offer them to bring peace between us.

Day 88

There have been no attacks for days. I cannot but wonder if the case of Chanounian Wine I gave them has had anything to do with this.

Day 90

Some natives showed up at our camp this morning, looking in a rather poor state. I can only deduce they have consumed the entire case of wine! 50 bottles! And yet, there has been no violence.  We have begun to minister to them again.  If this is my window in order to save their souls I will surely take it.

Day 110

Our ministering is going well. We’ve turned the tide with them, and they now seem most recipient to our faith.  I’ve had to continue supplying them with the Chanounin wine, but that can’t be helped for now. 

Day 130

Our supplies of the wine are beginning to run low. I’ve tried decreasing their ration, and this has been met with... unpleasantness.  I’ve no doubt they will see the light however!

Day 140

We’ve run out of wine.  I’m sending our chief negotiator to tell the natives.

Day 141

They’ve... flung our negotiator’s head over the wall of our camp. I feel my time is short, they’ve started a fire around the walls and I fear the worst will soon be upon us....

Log Ends

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Chanounian Wine
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:37 »

Hey.

Amarrian wine is nothing to scoff at. ;)

+1 for all the Khanid stuff *hugs*