Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Shooter at Capitol Hill, Lockdown Underway  (Read 6638 times)

Anslol

Shooter at Capitol Hill, Lockdown Underway
« on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:42 »

Shots reported fired at Capitol hill by gunman. Number unknown. Identity unknown. Location unknown. Will update as story develops.

And yes, I'm ok, for now.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Shooter at Capitol Hill, Lockdown Underway
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:49 »

Well, shit.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:55 »

Not to be That Guy, but a) I'm surprised it took this long to happen (I was seriously expecting a rioting mob there on day 1), and b) *selfsnip*

Glad you're OK though, Anslo.

(Fake edit: removed my own flamebait.)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:57 »

Yeah I'm actually a little scared now. Wondering if a long vacay from DC is in order.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2013, 12:59 »

Anslo, this is the third report of a shootout in DC I've heard from you in under a year. I think it's time for you to MOVE.

Anslol

« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2013, 13:02 »

The other shoot outs happen cause :DC: This though, is IN the capitol building, post shut down, with a lot of angry people...but still...sucks most jobs are here :|

EDIT: Lockdown lifted. Threat apparently neutralized.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2013, 13:13 by Anslol »

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2013, 13:40 »

What I'm hearing here is that the "shots fired" were actually from the police. Some woman rear ended someone, had the airbag go off in her face, hit the gas. Ran through a couple lights, was headed forward the capitol, so the police shot at the car. She was wounded, her kid in the car seat wasn't (thankfully).

I'm sure we'll see more info about what the hell happened soon, but for the moment it seems like it wasn't quite as huge a deal as it first sounded like.

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2013, 13:51 »

Not according to the press conference they just gave. http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politics/capitol-shots-fired-developments/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Woman tried to break through a white house barricade.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2013, 13:58 »

Not according to the press conference they just gave. http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politics/capitol-shots-fired-developments/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Woman tried to break through a white house barricade.

Was it at the White House or Capital Building?

Anslol

« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2013, 14:02 »

Started at WH, woman tried to ram through barricade into WH. Failed. Chase began and moved to the Hill. Shots fired at Hill. Woman crashes and is injured. Child in rear safe.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #10 on: 08 Oct 2013, 10:51 »

And now a guy's burned himself to death on the National Mall.
And this weekend, 495 could very well be more of a nightmare than usual.
I'm beginning to wonder if it was a good idea moving to this area.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 08 Oct 2013, 10:53 »

The thing with the truckers - isn't that illegal?
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #12 on: 08 Oct 2013, 10:54 »

I don't think they care.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 08 Oct 2013, 10:58 »

Whether they care or not is entirely irrelevant.

It's one thing to clog up the steps in front of city hall. It's another entirely to deliberately clog up a highway, preventing emergency response teams from getting to point A to point B.

I hope anyone who participates in that thing loses their license and their job - and is rewarded with jail time.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Anslol

« Reply #14 on: 08 Oct 2013, 11:07 »

I agree 100%. I just don't know how you could stop 3,000 trucks from doing that without either stopping them from leaving their homes, or threatening them with weapons.

Either way, I don't like the situation, but I have enough crap with the Fed pulling me around. I don't need some rogue faction of nut jobs forcing their way on me too. I hope the fucks get cut off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5