Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Author Topic: Interviewees / Voice Actors wanted  (Read 1198 times)

Aracturus

• Probably up to no good.
  • Clonejack
  • Stop looking at my junk you pervert!
Interviewees / Voice Actors wanted
« on: 15 Jul 2012, 17:25 »

Ok, a little bit of background about me first:
I'm a sophomore at the Art Institute of Austin Studying for my BA in Audio Production. I've been doing audio for about four years, give or take. I'm a decent Recording / Mixing / Mastering Engineer, and I have a project for my Digital Audio II class that I need material for.

This project is a 7-10 minute Audio Documentary (think NPR or RadioLab-style audio-only documentary) on the topic of our choosing. We must have interviewed sources for our project, among other things.
For my project, I am doing a documentary on the evolution of online gaming communities, and as such need people willing to be interviewed for their experiences from online gaming communities, or goonfleet/allies in general. In particular, Community leaders, movers and shakers, and people who have been with the given community for a while are of particular interest.
Here is an overview of the kind of questions interviewees should be prepared for(Note: List not all-inclusive or exhaustive):

For all:
1) What community are you from?

2) How long you have been with said community?

3) What is your role, if any, within the community?

4) What kind of struggles have you, and the community as a whole, faced?

5) How did said community get started?

6) What kind of social dynamic exists within said community?

7) What triumphs has your community had?

Leadership only:

1) What is it like, leading a gaming community?
2) In your opinion, how has the relative anonymity and relative lack of real-world repercussions affected how the community is run?
3) How do you enforce rules on such a group? Do you have rules?
4) Who are the big movers in shakers in your community?
5) In your experience, are the people who contribute most to your community typically posses the same mindset about their real-world professions or endeavors, or do you see people's real-life interactions suffer as a result of their efforts within the community?
6) Has your community branched out to other games? If so, what games?
7) (if yes to above) How do you manage to keep all the people in your community playing different games all ascribing to the same identity? How do you maintain that sense of community?

Also needed are voice actors with good radio voices (deep voices, etc) for Narration, dramatizations, etc. (Paul from TEST, I'm talking to YOU!)

I have a few deadlines I need to meet, so I'll lay them out here:
1st deadline: Friday, July 20th, 2012, 1pm CST - Have at least five(5) minutes worth of content recorded for project.
2nd deadline: Friday, July 27th, 2012, 1pm CST - Have all audio content recorded and collected, and a rough draft of project ready.
3rd/Final deadline: Friday, August 3rd, 2012, 1pm CST - Project due.

If you or someone you know are interested in being a voice actor or an interviewee, please contact me with dates and times of availability for interviewing, and some basic information about yourself/your role in whatever community you wish to be representative of(does not have to be eve related) by one of the following methods:
1) PM on these forums
2) Skype Message to Iamtheian
3) Email at ian.labelasenoreth@gmail.com
4) Post in this thread

Please note that as this is an audio documentary with no visuals, you will need to, at the minimum, have a microphone, and the ability to speak and be heard coherently over either Skype, Mumble, or Google Talk.
Also, please note that this project will be part of my professional portfolio, and you will need to indicate to me in writing that I have your permission to use recordings of your voice and whether or not I can use your in-game or real life name(whichever you prefer) as part of the documentary.

Again, to clarify:
Having your name (be it real life or in-game) is not a requirement, but IF you do want your name to be in this, I will need written, express permission from you.

In order for your voice to be used at all, I must have express, written permission from you to do so.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me through one of the above listed methods.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2012, 10:21 by Aracturus »

Malcolm Khross

Re: Interviewees / Voice Actors wanted
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2012, 18:54 »

I'm unsure I'm qualified to contribute in a meaningful way regarding the questions and answers (I've only been with EVE for a total of about a year and before that was involved in an online D&D campaign world for about four years).

However, I've done e-sports commentating, radio talk and other forms of narration and would be willing to interview for a voice acting/narration position if you are still in need of one.

My times of availability are 21:00 - 02:00 on weekdays (GMT/EVE) and any time one the weekends except Sunday mornings between 11:00 - 18:00.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:23 »

Fix your damned tags. Also, I'll be happy to help out with voice acting (done some before) and wouldn't mind answering questions either, available evenings US East.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2012, 20:32 »

^ What Victoria said about the tags *eyetwitch*

As for voice-acting/questions etc

I have been with EVE for like... 5 years? something stupid anyway am available AU EST via in-game EVE mail, almost always keep an eye on EVE gate so if you need a token Aussie I can probably do something? Hah

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Aracturus

• Probably up to no good.
  • Clonejack
  • Stop looking at my junk you pervert!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2012, 10:21 »

tags fixed.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2012, 20:33 »

o/

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!