Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Entire community is babies!  (Read 7324 times)

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
Re: Entire community is babies!
« Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2011, 22:26 »

Well, the idea of kids as eggers... not so much something I see as being viable (though, I'm sure there's some backwater research that's been done on the idea).

On the original topic, Inara has a 10yr old Amarrian daughter that she adopted a few years back. Spends every Friday evening and most of Saturday when she's not in the pod with her too. The origin story is rather dark, and Jall'n was forced to 'grow up' faster than she should have (her mother was blown up when their transport ship popped, and her father was ritually sacrificed/murdered in front of her). But after some therapy, and a new very caring environment, she's adapting fairly well; still has nightmares on occasion though.

Fortunately, the chances of kidnapping are slim due to security. And since her existence is relatively little-known, not many of Inara's enemies would consider trying (and most of Inara's enemies probably don't consider Inara capable of having emotional attachments to another person because she's ebil).

Vieve

« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:36 »

"failed experiment put out to pasture" has a lot of potential.)

Damn people getting all up in my thematic grill.  I swear...

Er, never mind.  Forget I said anything. Ahem.

Babies!  Yeah, I've got 'em in the RP.  Oh, hell yes, they've been used as plot devices.  Kidnapping?  Er, not so much, unless one counts Celeste's arranging to have her pregnant original body 'misplaced' so no one would find out about her son.

He's one and a half years old now.  She's doing what she can to ensure he grows up to have a comfortable normal life, despite his zombie sisters, his psychotic brother-in-law (as opposed to the 'good' brother-in-law, who's just a scruffy murderous thug) and her own questionable taste in men.

Amann Karris

« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:41 »

I'm gonna have lots of babies.
:eek:

For my part, I wonder what happened to Nikilaiki's daughter.  I started that storyline so long ago that I nearly forgot about it.  :|  Why the idea of little hellgremlin babies brought that up, I have no idea.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Vieve

« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:47 »

You should start a private boarding school for the children of capsuleers.  C'mon, who wouldn't trust Uncle Istvaan to keep their little darlings safe and educate them on the cutthroat ways of capsuleer society?

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 16 Mar 2011, 09:05 »

As a rule, having been an experimental something-or-other becomes a lot more palatable when the primary consequence has more to do with personal suffering than practical advantage. "Escaped supersoldier" fails; "failed experiment put out to pasture" has a lot of potential.

And this is, in a nutshell. the entire origin of Shin. Yes, her clade was genetically engineered. No, it has not brought them anything but grief.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:05 »

:eek:

For my part, I wonder what happened to Nikilaiki's daughter.  I started that storyline so long ago that I nearly forgot about it.  :|  Why the idea of little hellgremlin babies brought that up, I have no idea.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

that might interesting to look into once you come back to eve again
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #21 on: 16 Mar 2011, 12:15 »

>.>

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #22 on: 16 Mar 2011, 20:10 »

We have an interesting RP plot going on at the Keep with Mitara pregnant and Aldrith emo raging over it because Mitara will not stop flying.  Pretty interesting to watch play out.

Mostly children seem to be background in the RPs I've been involved in.  I can't imagine a bunch of combat pilots playing mommy and daddy, especially capsuleers.  It'd be too much of a risk to be pregnant and flying, what if you get podded?  And Shalee thinks it is selfish to be pregnant and have children, that it would be cruel to watch your children grow older than you. And their children, and so on.

I have rped with Annette in the past, I really do love how Seri plays the character.  Good stuff, very believable.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #23 on: 17 Mar 2011, 11:20 »

The idea of a pregnant capsuleer is weird to me.  I can't fathom why a sane person would want their child to come to term in womb of a reanimated cadaver, and then expose it high Gs, extreme temperatures and the odd radiation burst when artificial wombs are available.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 17 Mar 2011, 12:18 »

Man, Mitty is getting pummeled ingame and out :p

Can some RL mothers come to her defense of not wanting to be separated from her child???  She had to jump clone not too long ago and it was the worst 24 hours of her life.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 17 Mar 2011, 12:26 »

Can some RL mothers come to her defense of not wanting to be separated from her child???  She had to jump clone not too long ago and it was the worst 24 hours of her life.

Oh, people get that. They just want her to park her ass planetside for nine months. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 17 Mar 2011, 12:34 »

Oh, people get that. They just want her to park her ass planetside for nine months. :P
But.... fanatic Amarr....
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Vieve

« Reply #27 on: 17 Mar 2011, 13:22 »

Can some RL mothers come to her defense of not wanting to be separated from her child???  She had to jump clone not too long ago and it was the worst 24 hours of her life.

*puts on her RL mother hat*

There have been fanatic Amarr for hundreds of years.  A single combat pilot isn't going to change that over the course of nine measly months of her allegedly eternal life.  ;)

Same goes for heathen tribals.

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #28 on: 17 Mar 2011, 13:25 »

So find a way to rationalize the fact that every time she undocks, she risks losing the child. And make sure it’s a good enough rationalization that it’ll still hold up if she actually does end up hitting a smartbomb camp, like… shoot, which dame alt was it? Hit a smartbomb camp, got podded, responded by saying it was the will of the red god and going and getting pregnant again.

Or, you know, figure that it’ll give you a lovely excuse to RP being utterly and completely heartbroken in the event that something bad happens, maybe throw in a little psychosis, blame her child’s death on her devotion to the empire and join the blooders, whatever.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 17 Mar 2011, 14:18 »

:cry:

* Mitara Newelle goes off to watch Dr. Adad’s Wild Time all by herself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4