EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Guristas and Angels

(1/6) > >>

Silver Night:
What the standings say, of course, is pretty well known. They don't like eachother.

Given that both a huge, sprawling organizations, though, I wonder if it might not be more complex. Overall they are competitors ofc, but they are also (I think) pragmatic. There might be times temporary alliances (perhaps on some local - planetary, system-wide, a few city blocks - level) might make a lot of sense.

What do ya'll think?

Casiella:
I suspect that they don't get along in the sense of turf wars, but in general they don't exactly seek each other out in offensive operations. The cluster's still big enough for both of them. That's certainly the impression I recall getting from The Burning Life.

Nakatre Read:
I can't see any logical reason why Angels would co-operate with Guristas. It doesn't seem very beneficial to the Cartel as it is the most organised criminal organisation in EVE already and handles things by itself pretty well.

Robert Kauliford:
I think Angels are very much old school mafia style criminality, think Don Corlene, Guristas are more bleeding edge crime, identity theft or cyber hacking.

If there is any dislike between them I'd say it was down more to style, ie Guristas disapprove of outright violence and angels dislike the upstarts.

So yes they can cooperate but there will always be institutional dislike

Silver Night:

--- Quote from: Nakatre Read on 19 Apr 2010, 15:30 ---I can't see any logical reason why Angels would co-operate with Guristas. It doesn't seem very beneficial to the Cartel as it is the most organised criminal organisation in EVE already and handles things by itself pretty well.

--- End quote ---

Well, not in general. I think it might be possible they would in very limited circumstances, and on a very limited level. For example, if they had a common enemy or problem, and neither could call in support quickly for whatever reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version