EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Gallente Bloc (or lack thereof) Discussion

<< < (2/7) > >>

Saxon Hawke:
As an adjunct member of the Gallente RP bloc, I think what is sorely missing are a few charismatics leaders to serve as the catalyst for a vibrant RP scene.

I've been doing the Intaki separatist thing for three years now. When I started the ILF there were already TWO, yes TWO, Intaki RP groups going. Placid Reborn leaned too Pro-Fed for me and INTAKI UNION was too, well, crazy PEW PEW for me.

So I started doing something in the middle. We advocate independence like Phantomas did, but also working with the Federation to improve things like Pytria did. While I didn't agree completely with their corporations, I was saddened to see them fade from the scene. They made it more lush and deep.

Similarly, where have the Bruno Bonners and other champions of the Federation gone? I remember the days when Placid was thick with groups like Strix, The Durandal Organization, Scrutari and each of these groups had a slightly different flavor of Pro-Federalism.

Julianus gave us some fun RP with Moira. and their brand of Federation RP, but sadly, he too has gone on to other things.

So what advice do I have to give? Perhaps this is the best I can do: Build it and they will come.

The ILF started off as me and a bunch of day old trial account players. Members have come and gone over the years, but I never stopped building on the foundations. We've added depth and breadth to what already existed and now I don't have to recruit because players come to me. When they search for information about the Intaki, they find the ILF and see what we have created and WANT to be a part of it.

Those who want Gallente RP need to do the same thing. You're right, the cannon is there. The PF is there. The sandbox is there. Take ownership of it and build your sand castle.

Merdaneth:
Gallenteans worship individuality and pleasing their own ego's. Capsuleers would be extreme examples of those. 'Bloc' would be a foreign concept to the culturally true Gallente. Gallente that like blocs go over to the Amarr or somesuch. The Gallente 'bloc' is al those crazy pirate leaders, wealthy philanthropists and hosts of other self-interested individuals.

I think it perfectly fitting that there is no 'Gallente Bloc'.

Julianus Soter:
[mod]Please do not make personal attacks on other players. [/mod]

Goshien:
The more individual freedoms in the culture, the more wild and varied the culture becomes. Even supposed to be French descendants, I really only compare it to the american culture of which I am a part. Which is were not unified on a single thing. Hell there could be a debate on something retarded like babycide and somebody would come up with an arguement for why it's a good idea. And it'd be even worse across different planets instead of different states.

Ditching the american thing, the Gallente don't really have that easy to spot characteristic that is just integrated into the culture. I imagine them being at their worst when they stop being individualistic and start with the mob mentality taking over. The FW is good for this, allowing the mob mentality into the mix, creating that unifying angle for somebody to sink into the team effort of driving back those devil Caldari and pillaging their hotties.

Which I assume was the Federations goal end goal all along.

Ghost Hunter:

--- Quote from: Merdaneth on 23 Apr 2010, 11:21 ---Gallenteans worship individuality and pleasing their own ego's. Capsuleers would be extreme examples of those. 'Bloc' would be a foreign concept to the culturally true Gallente. Gallente that like blocs go over to the Amarr or somesuch. The Gallente 'bloc' is al those crazy pirate leaders, wealthy philanthropists and hosts of other self-interested individuals.

I think it perfectly fitting that there is no 'Gallente Bloc'.

--- End quote ---

I would say they worship such things when they're safe to do so. Individuality and self-indulgence cannot survive if outside forces act against "individuals". In such a light, I could see even extreme individualist Capsuleers and the like banding together for the greater good of insuring their (cultural) survival.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version