DUST 514 RP Discussion and Resources > DUST 514 Character Development

is it possible that Foley CAN be a failed prototype ?

(1/6) > >>

Avio Yaken:
ok so idk if this is the correct sub-forum so forgive me but...

i been working on a interesting backstory for Foley & after countless dart throws (terrible accuracy) at what i know of Dust lore i came up with a idea

FAILED PROTOTYPE!

i red Templar one and my favorite parts were when they talked about the trial & error of getting cloned soldiers to work out

i was thinking Foley could had been a failed subject due to him losing all his memories during the process & that he is basically insane....OH & emotional issues sometimes

i got the idea not only because hes flaws but also because he was made long ago in closed beta which i believe was actual prototype testing

feel free to call me a idiot btw

Katrina Oniseki:
The failed prototypes suffered a lot more than just memory loss. They actually have a Sleeper (the actual Sleeper person) inside their head. Literally two personalities, one of them completely alien and psychotically insane/pissed.

I don't know if you 'can' play a First Gen DUST soldier, like if it's okay with PF or not... but I know Foley would have to be a lot less harmless than he is now.

Avio Yaken:

--- Quote from: Katrina Oniseki on 30 Jul 2013, 13:21 ---The failed prototypes suffered a lot more than just memory loss. They actually have a Sleeper (the actual Sleeper person) inside their head. Literally two personalities, one of them completely alien and psychotically insane/pissed.

I don't know if you 'can' play a First Gen DUST soldier, like if it's okay with PF or not... but I know Foley would have to be a lot less harmless than he is now.

--- End quote ---

eh - i was 80% sure the idea wouldn't work, was worth trying

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

Lyn Farel:
You can still use the idea for more conventional brain/memory damage, or just a modest/humble second generation soldier failure. It is always interesting to play a reject, either trying to better himself or just lost in alcohol or whatever...

Steffanie Saissore:
I'd have to agree with Lyn in that you can still make use of some of your concepts, just tweak them a bit.  Nothing wrong with brainstorming and asking questions. I did that a bit when I first was developing Steff's backstory and still do ask questions about certain things as I explore the universe through the character.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version