Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a demonstration by the pro-cloning group Imperial Immortality Foundation was attacked by the Imperial Army using nanotoxin in YC106, resulting in numerous fatalities.

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1138 times)

Redpants

• Clonejack
Introduction
« on: 23 Feb 2014, 16:05 »

Hello capsuleers on the other side of the monitor!

My character is Redpants. I'm new to here, but been in the RP community for a few years, a few years ago.  When I was last playing the RP OOC hub was eve-chatsubo.com which seems barren now, not that I was ever very active there.  That's not his real name, no, and few characters have been told what it is.  As I was saying I last played a long time ago EVE in 2008.  I started playing EVE in 2005 under a different character but did not RP him. 

I've been back in game for a few months now however and as of a few weeks ago I started to slowly get back into the IGS.  There's been so many changes to the game that I'm still not feeling back to 100% yet and I'm still not sure why I have some of my old ships fitted the way they are. 

When I was last playing I was in an anti-piracy corp in an anti-piracy alliance, the Northstar Federation.  We operated out of the Providence pipe alongside CVA.  As a player I enjoy piracy but could justify the anti-pirate patrols because any kind of combat is satisfying lol.  I worked as much of my OOC life into the IC aspects of Redpants as I could on the IGS within reason.

Subtly is difficult to pull of in most RP situations so I cannot summarize in a nutshell what makes Redpants work.  Beyond his abrasive nature there are complex politics and attitudes, some of which are atypical for a fervant Gallente as he.  An example is he is xenophobic and disregards most Intaki, but not to the level of exclusionary degradation he has for the Minmatar, while finding respect and admirable qualities in the Amarr.

I don't like playing stereotypical hardlines across the board.  That's too easy in EVE.  Redpants is not nice.  He is a murderer and a moonlighting pirate (he may not admit to this.)  That's because the latter is what I do as a player.  Outside the IGS, I only play Redpants IC in local (occasionally The Summit.)  He makes good decisions and tries to be helpful sometimes (even to Minmatars) but at his core he is not a nice person and has what would be deeply antisocial qualities in the real life.   It sometimes difficult to justify from a RP standpoint why Redpants would be even involved in the IGS when he wouldn't give most people the time of day if he was asked.  I don't chat much in The Summit or the OOC channels (but it's been known to happen, I do monitor them just the same for inevitable hilarity) you'll mostly see me interacting on the IGS.

I've had to actually do research on Redpants before I got involved again.  I poured through my long posting history on the archived forum.  Most of my posts were not in the IGS so it took some sifting to go through lol.  I read as many threads and posts as I could find IC by me so I remember what was going on in his head.  Then I read through the IGS so I could see what was going on now.  OMG I spent so much time flipping between some of your posts and the Evelopdia sometimes just trying to understand the newest canon haha!  I might add that the level of stories and interaction in the IGS seems a lot better than when I left it.  So kudos to you all for that.  Maybe with many more years of game happening there's more story to pull IC ideas from, and have been immersed in.  Regardless it's fun reading.

I am excited to be back in the game and be back playing this character.  I'll see you in space.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2014, 19:05 »

Hello and welcome to Backstage!

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2014, 09:27 »

Welcome.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2014, 09:32 »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2014, 10:14 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Shanty Anzomi

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2014, 03:24 »

Welcome!!!

Redpants

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2014, 21:23 »

Iwan Terpalen I love that.  Thank you.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2014, 03:42 »

Welcome Backstage.

Do not fear being subtle.  Don't also be surprised if some don't pick up on it right away.

Remember, RP is always more for yourself than an audience.

A.Ogana

« Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2014, 18:03 »

Well, welcome back (from someone who's not in-game yet!) I am so new to the EvE side of RPing that I didn't know what the IGS was until you interchanged it with The Summit a couple times. I have SO much reading to do.

I like your comments about avoiding stereotypes. I have to admit that I, rather pessimistically, built my character's storyline from a very "Gallente-normative" starting point (pessimistically, because, I expected there to be ridiculously few roleplayers, what with this being an MMO and all). Because of your thread, I'm making a mental note to challenge myself, if/when I update/expand Augustus's backstory for reentry into game.

Hello from a fellow Backstage newbie :)

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #9 on: 04 Mar 2014, 01:42 »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2014, 17:00 »

Welcome back...stage.
-OOChé

Drakolus

« Reply #11 on: 11 Mar 2014, 20:12 »

Rawr and all that jazz.  Welcome back and have a super-awesome-bitchin good time.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #12 on: 11 Mar 2014, 20:37 »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.