Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the ISHAEKA Reports warned about the Sansha Nation Incursions possiblily occuring.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thoughts On Corporation Idea?  (Read 2615 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Thoughts On Corporation Idea?
« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2014, 19:38 »

I think it is a good, if somewhat vague idea. My suggestion would be to put some effort into finding an area that would provide the skeleton for it. Like instead of just saying "I'm trying to influence the entire State" pick a constellation that looks interesting and zero in on a more local scene.

Yeah, if recruitment were to actually happen that would end up being a must so that people could coordinate things. If I do start something it will be slow going for the next couple of months until my life gets less busy. Writing, creating, that sort of thing. I wouldn't want to try to recruit people when I myself will not be in game all that much for a while longer.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #16 on: 22 Sep 2014, 01:19 »

The in-game shipping of activists or immigrants to different locations to coincide with plans, spreading of propaganda, that sort of thing. It is a concept a bit similar to the various humanitarian corps that have existed throughout the years, but instead of humanitarian it is attempting to be a political machine.

This made me think of the Sisters of EVE. You did state that you wanted something other than humanitarian though.

Sisters of EVE is interesting in that they are widely accepted by all factions. Even the Blood Raiders have an interest in them, referring to them as 'little hunters' and following them around. They also have their own ship types, cool looking cloaky probey ships.

'The in-game shipping of activists or immigrants' makes me think of the Amarrian underground railroad organization for liberating slaves. I think it's called 'Ladder of light' or something? The name is mentioned as part of an Amarr three part mission.

Slavery is a pretty central issue in EVE. The Amarrians defend it, the Minmatar despise it, the Gallente oppose it, and the Caldari think it's obsolete.

As far as roleplay goes, you could buy freed slaves and roleplay taking them to a retraining facility to become skilled free labor in Minmatar, Gallente or Caldari space.

If you wanted to be SOE aligned, (or even if you didn't) you could even solo a few wormholes in your cloaky probers and bring your freed slaves to become settlers on new, undiscovered planets.

The SOE is supposed to be a humanitarian organization, but as far as I know they still support slavery and the use of Vitoc.

Of course, your corp could also be a 'front' organization since the Underground railroad slave smuggling organization are considered as terrorists by the Amarr state.

As far as a political machine, well it doesn't get more political than slaves and their freedom.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2014, 04:20 »

I beg to differ that us players have no influence on empire news and action in EVE. Sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration, and a small leap of faith.
QFT.
Also, a glorified vanity corp has its perks.  :P
I confirm that SFRIm is purely a 'glorified vanity corp'. No agenda whatsoever. :P It's a lot of fun.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2014, 06:11 »

I beg to differ that us players have no influence on empire news and action in EVE. Sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration, and a small leap of faith.
QFT.
I confirm that SFRIm is purely a 'glorified vanity corp'. No agenda whatsoever. :P It's a lot of fun.

No agenda whatsoever? *looks innocent*

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 25 Sep 2014, 06:50 »

QFT.

No agenda whatsoever? *looks innocent*

If SFRIM has an agenda it's to become cluster-wide #1 at competitive EVEmail tag. >.>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2014, 14:18 »

Until I can figure out where Jace is going and what the hell is happening with him (a better way to put that might be that I need to wait and see where he is going), any significant corp creation that would include recruitment and 'really trying to build something' is on hold. I am more interested in gathering people for a venue at the moment instead. I am just too busy IRL to responsibly try to build a corp right now.
Pages: 1 [2]