Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That each of the five empires technically has an equal say in all CONCORD matters? Read more in the Chronicle.

Author Topic: What inspired me to write this?  (Read 431 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
What inspired me to write this?
« on: 20 Jul 2015, 12:32 »

So, somewhere last year, in or around august, a story, written by one of you, likely Saede, around the time she wrote Until We Meet Again (I actually thought that story might be the one, but no), inspired me to start writing myself. This is how far I got before wondering on if and how I should include Ava Starfire:
"Come, love."
Di spoke to her husband, who was gazing at the stars like so many times before, with the same slightly pained, thoughtful expression that she was so familiar with. He nodded, slowly, slightly, in response for a moment as he gently squeezed his wife's hand as she took his in hers, but his gaze remained fixed upon the stars. He narrowed his eyes slightly, and Di followed his stare. She saw the barely visible twinklings of distant explosions, but another announcement on the station comms made her turn her head towards the door of their room.
"Prepare for emergency departure of Worldship Midular! Head to the ... ramps asap! Leave all non-essential belongings behind! We don't know how long the Nefantar will be able to keep them occupied!"
Di turned her eyes on Ché again. He was still gazing into the distance. She squeezed his hand a little.
"Come."
She used a slightly higher pitch and there was a little quiver in her voice. Ché blinked a couple times and looked at her. He had never heard that voice before, but he knew she was begging him. At first he did not understand why she felt it she should beg him to come with her, as he could not think of any reasons why she would think he wouldn't not join her aboard the worldship, but then he remembered a story he published many years ago, and understood her fear.
He looked at her, reassuringly serious. "I will. It will not go like that dream." He smiled. " I am awake now, and I'll stay with you." He gave Di a kiss on her forehead, then held her in his arms tightly for a few moments before they both picked up their bags and headed for the gate
I know it was inspired by a story or timeline where the Sansha or something are taking control of New Eden in the future, and there is a big battle as "World Ships" prepare to depart, with the Nefantar tribe heroicaly securing the departure, sacrificing themselves.

Anyone have any clues what inspired me? Cause...I forgot.  :ugh:
-OOChé