Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: Patch. Large. Way Big.  (Read 1613 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Patch. Large. Way Big.
« on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:40 »

Wai this patch so large. This will take me all day to download with my internet.

On the bright side, it gives me something to whine about.

Makoto Priano

Re: Patch. Large. Way Big.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:44 »

From patch notes:

The format for 3D meshes has now been upgraded to the latest version. All mesh files have been converted and will impact the patch size.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:45 »

From patch notes:

The format for 3D meshes has now been upgraded to the latest version. All mesh files have been converted and will impact the patch size.

Fine then, read the patch notes more thoroughly than me. Lamer.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2014, 14:04 »

:twisted: Muahaha.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2014, 14:25 »

Wasn't even going to log in today, because of :girlfriend:.  But since I saw this, I was able to just open the launcher and let it do its thing.  Cheers!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2014, 14:26 »

Wasn't even going to log in today, because of :girlfriend:.  But since I saw this, I was able to just open the launcher and let it do its thing.  Cheers!

With my internet, this will likely take at least ten hours. Let the tears commence.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2014, 19:48 »

My patch doesn't download properly. The client repair is borked. Tried 8 times now, still not working. Then I have to sleep because of work. My poor, poor almost-expiring training queue!

Gonna try again after work.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Dessau

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2014, 20:12 »

My patch doesn't download properly. The client repair is borked. Tried 8 times now, still not working. Then I have to sleep because of work. My poor, poor almost-expiring training queue!

On the bright side, you have a working computer. Once you get the client sorted you can actually play.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2014, 21:42 »

Pretty much this.  I opened the client to change a skill before realizing my third account had unsubbed anyway, noticed monstrous patch.  Left it all day, forgot all about it.   :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2014, 05:25 »

... I've just started patching my TQ client to Sisi the night before a point release or expansion.

Gets me into TQ in record time. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2014, 07:28 »

... I've just started patching my TQ client to Sisi the night before a point release or expansion.

Gets me into TQ in record time. :P

Rub it right on in, why don't you. In fact, didn't you start rubbing that one in the night before in-game?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2014, 07:31 »

I believe I mentioned I was going to go do that, yes.

Which leaves you as having been forewarned, and choosing to ignore the advice. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2014, 07:35 »

I believe I mentioned I was going to go do that, yes.

Which leaves you as having been forewarned, and choosing to ignore the advice. :P

I believe you snarkily alluded to it, with myself not realizing what was so amusing until it was . . . . too late.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2014, 08:14 »