Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Author Topic: Caldari Navy: Dude, where's my titan?  (Read 1515 times)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
Caldari Navy: Dude, where's my titan?
« on: 12 Oct 2014, 23:01 »

As we know from the lore, the Caldari Navy is the most technically advanced of other navies (desciption of the corporation:
[spoiler]The Caldari Navy is smaller in personnel and total ships than both the Federation Navy and the Imperial Navy, yet they have more battleships than any other fleet and the average age of the Caldari ships is considerably less. This is because the Caldari are constantly replacing their oldest ships with newer ones, with better hi-tech equipment. The strategic doctrine of the Caldari Navy is simple: to be able to defeat any other navy in the world. Most experts believe it is.[/spoiler])
And the the Navy is supposed to be sponsored by all the megacorporations together. However, recent conversation with Jandice from "Out of Character" channel has shown, that Navy doesn't even need help of Megacorps. There was said, that during the Jita burn event, amount of sales daily has dropped only by about 10%, that turned to be... 60 trillions of isk. Easy calculation can suggest that the Caldari Navy daily would get over a trillion of isk a day in sale taxes and broker fees! Which should be more than enough to buy about a titan a day, and, eventually, blot out the Luminaire sun with Caldari titans.

I had an idea to write about it to Navy representative (while they collect sleeper thingsies) to confront her about where are our titan fleets and why we don't attack "bad guys", however, I quickly found out, that I can't find any data on amount of isk exchanged daily in Jita. Does anyone have ideas how to obtain this sort of statistics?..

But regardless of exact value, it indeed seems that the Navy should receive enormous  income from the Jita 4-4, which seems to outshine not just all other navies, but also all other station owners and capsuleer corporation.

So. Where are Caldari Navy titans?..

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Caldari Navy: Dude, where's my titan?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2014, 23:16 »

Military budget goes into a lot of different things. And to build titans you need resources, and the largest NPC supplier of resources is the Amarr Empire, which means a good chunk of the money the State is getting from Jita taxes it's sending to Amarr to buy the raw resources it would use to build things.

Also, they would have many many titans. Just because they aren't seen doesn't mean they don't exist.

Last but not least, all those things you're getting with LP? That's a place where the taxes are going.  Building ships to give to capsuleers. This is actually probably where the significant portion of it goes.

It's not quite as simple as, 'get isk, print titan'.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2014, 23:23 by Samira Kernher »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2014, 23:43 »

Ah, yes, of course, building the titan will be defining rate at which they will appear, and the idea with titans was just to demonstrate unique status of Caldari Navy.

All corporations have LP stores, but Jita 4-4 is something exceptional, that makes Caldari Navy income exceptional as well as compared with all other corporations.

For now, we feel Jita 4-4 effect on cluster only by amount of peoples, attracting events and trade, that is completely player-based. But these actions should definitely affect the Navy as well. There should be... something... that players in all the Eve could start noticing about Caldari Navy.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2014, 03:47 »

I am very sure that Concord had something to do with it, forcing all four Empires to sign some kind of treaty that limits the number of Titans each Empire has in their service. Remember the Concord mission statement: To prevent the extermination of the human race because of too many immortals or too much nukes being fired or whatever.

Concord probably believes that limiting the number of Titans everyone has ensures that nobody will ever have enough firepower to scorch each other off to the point of extinction. After all, making sure we do not extinct ourselves due to excessive warmongering or etc is their job.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2014, 03:50 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:36 »

There's also the PF implication that there are very little interaction between capsuleer economy and baseline economy. I can't recall the sources right now, but the implication is that they're mostly isolated economical landscapes which have little impact on each other. Jita 4-4 is enormously influential on capsuleer economy but wouldn't necessarily impact the Empires' economy much as a result.

The taxes paid in ISK likely goes to expenses that's dealing with capsuleers, like LP rewards, bounty payouts etc rather than being dumped in the baseline economy (which could frankly have devastating results, similar to how if we here in Norway dumped our national fund into... say our infrastructure work, we would send our economy into a freefall that wouldn't stop until we'd buried it beneath the mantle). Besides, the baseline economy likely outmatches the capsuleer economy by fucking gargantuan factors... which sort of invalidates everything I said about disastrous results, but whichever way the balance goes the point remains the same. Our economy probably doesn't impact baseline economy much.

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2014, 13:18 »

I wasn't aware of the economic separation between the capsuleer isk economy & the baseliner economy. Only knew it was different currencies, but thought it was exchanged with a valuta trade rate.

But while the economies might be isolated, they do affect each other, as the Jita 4-4 chronicle shows (with the reveal that most dining places on Jita 4-4 are run by gallente, even the ones with a Caldari front & name!) It also hints that Jita 4-4 is a busy tradehub not only for capsuleers but also the baseliner folks.

Also the massive income of isk by the trade-taxes & such would surely give the Caldari navy some extra stuff to throw at the capsuleers & does give a good IC explanation for the massive PLEX bounties that the Provist rebels got during the Provist manhunt event