Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Author Topic: Kronos Chronicles - "Yetamo" and "The Station and the Bazaar"  (Read 2409 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Two new chronicles have been released with the launch of Kronos:

Yetamo , written by CCP Delegate Zero, tells the story of a Minmatar legend, a husband-and-wife engineering team, and why nanotechnology more dangerous stuff than just an 'apply goo, receive fixed item' magic spell.

The Station and the Bazaar, written by CCP Abraxas, is told from the perspective of a Thukker black market tradesman who has become enmeshed in the Guristas' most recent efforts.

Yetamo definitely seems to be hinting at something, although exactly what I am not sure. The ending now presents something entirely new on the loose, but I'm not seeing how it fits into the larger EVE story at this point - if spontaneous accidents like this were common, then they'd be... well, more common. The story seems to hint at something more, but exactly what eludes me. There's also a bit of PF in there regarding Minmatar tribal roles and immigration; despite this, the Chronicle felt a little short. I personally think it could have done to be stretched another few paragraphs to give a more fluid shift.

The Station and the Bazaar is by far the meatier of the Chronicles, tying together past things (Gecko) as well as more forseeable changes like the Guristas research complexes coming with Kronos and the Valkyries. Frankly, you can tell it's by a more experienced writer as well - D.Zero's writing, while having a style of its own, didn't seem to draw me in as well as Abraxas'; The Station and the Bazaar just seemed to flow far better. I got the feeling I was dealing with a living person rather than just reading 'this happened, then this, and then this.'
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2014, 10:21 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Makoto Priano

Definitely agreed that Station and Bazaar flowed more smoothly. Part of that is that it's a first-person retrospective, instead of a third-person narrative. The fire-to-the-natives thing for Rogue Drones is interesting, but we'll have to see whether that bears fruit, or if it's just a narrative feature. Considering that there're already hints that either the Sleepers or the Other have been tinkering with Rogue Drones, well...

I wouldn't be surprised if CCP is figuring out what/how they're going to be populating the new space that we'll sooner or later get access to with the current stargate arc-- and rogue drones are a contender, as they're unmistakably 'other.'

That said, fun stuff! And I rather like that they're toning down the 'Guristas are crazy!' in favor of 'Guristas are crazy smart!'

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."

I smell Guristas scum in this thread...

*loads blaster pistol*
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

I smell Guristas scum in this thread...

*loads blaster pistol*

Look in the mirror?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

While I haven't read Empyrean Age so I don't know all the details about it, but for me Yetamo seems to basically explain what the Other might be.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing

Yetamo is relevant to my interests.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Publius Valerius

• Egger

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Fiction_Portal_credits

New stuff is out. Alot to read for the weekend. :D

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

While I haven't read Empyrean Age so I don't know all the details about it, but for me Yetamo seems to basically explain what the Other might be.

The Other is heavily explained in Templar One. PM me if you want the tl;dr of what it is.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

The Other is heavily explained in Templar One. PM me if you want the tl;dr of what it is.

Please do. Dunno when/if I'll get around to reading the books.

Oooh, nice.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2014, 22:23 by Samira Kernher »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Soter posted a summary with spoilers of T1 on Backstage at some point. It should be around somewhere.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

Do want  8)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Publius Valerius

• Egger

Please do. Dunno when/if I'll get around to reading the books.

Oooh, nice.
I really really hope Eterne decides to, and would be allowed to, stay on with Mercury. His stuff is amazing. :(

The management sound like the ones that need to go, not the guys actually doing good work.
Eterne from his twitter account: "By the way, if you were one whom liked my writing, I do have a personal website with a bunch of fiction on it." http://www.goldendaydreams.com