EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > The Summit (IG Channel Discussion)

A request

(1/12) > >>

Leopold Caine:
I'd just like to know what is the reason that Leopold Caine suddenly got kicked out of the Summit moderation team with no IC or OOC message attached  and an important news event was moved from the MOTD, but I'll let Silas be mad about that instead I suppose.

Graelyn:
I did it.

So ask me.

I have pleeenty of answers for you.

PS: didn't notice the news piece missing, we should fix that
PPS: Flamebait and the ensuing incoming flames don't get to be on Backstage. The rules still apply here. I've used the axe instead of the scalpel in this case.

Morwen Lagann:
Leopold, when you're stuck in a ditch the appropriate response is not to keep digging.

--- Quote from: Leopold Caine on 17 Oct 2012, 02:54 ---Oh look, I was banned from the OOC. Cute.  :bear:

--- End quote ---

This banning was for 12 hours from OOC, and was done in response to this:

--- Quote ---[ 2012.10.16 23:16:30 ] Morwen Lagann > ... lol, I think we just had a minor earthquake
 [ 2012.10.16 23:17:15 ] Halete > When Britain had a minor earth-quake, it was horrifying.
 [ 2012.10.16 23:17:33 ] Halete > Living in a post-industrial region known for mining, I thought "Well, that's it, the street is going under."
 [ 2012.10.16 23:21:14 ] Morwen Lagann > So there was a 4.5 about 15 miles away from the cabin in maine. looool >_>
 [ 2012.10.16 23:21:31 ] Morwen Lagann > http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/at00mc0dsp#summary
 [ 2012.10.16 23:26:23 ] Leopold Caine > www.noonegivesafuckmorwen.com
--- End quote ---

This was fairly self-explanatory. You would've bitched your head off if I or someone else had done that to you - instead of doing that myself, I spoke to the other online moderators and was told a 12-hour ban was appropriate. It was put in, with the expectation you would not do something like that again.

--- Quote from: Leopold Caine on 17 Oct 2012, 08:34 ---Oh look, randomly banned from OOC again. Cute.

--- End quote ---

Again, like Tib said, it was anything but random, and entirely warranted, even according to Graelyn. I logged in this morning, spoke with some folks in Red's, and on my way out to the store figured I'd check OOC to see if anything was going on since it was blinking. I was greeted with this, without having said anything in the channel:

--- Quote ---[ 2012.10.17 13:48:02 ] Shino Gekai > So wheres that cunt morwen? Still crying because shes a shit logi?
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:25 ] Leopold Caine > Incursions are srs bznsss, Shino.
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:35 ] Shino Gekai > You're joking
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:37 ] Salena Ashera > Especially the amount of time you've been doing them
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:45 ] Salena Ashera > thats especially srs bsns
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:48 ] Shino Gekai > I had no idea
 [ 2012.10.17 13:48:57 ] Shino Gekai > Clearly im doing it wrong
 [ 2012.10.17 13:49:15 ] Leopold Caine > Yeah, I've been doing srs bznss before you started playing Salena, so vOv
 [ 2012.10.17 13:49:30 ] Salena Ashera > Yep, clearly I have no right to try srsbsns
 [ 2012.10.17 13:49:47 ] Leopold Caine > srsbznss.
 [ 2012.10.17 13:49:53 ] Leopold Caine > is srs
--- End quote ---

If you genuinely do not see what is wrong with your behavior there, then it's no surprise you don't understand why you lost your position on the Summit's moderator team. It's a prime example of un-moderatorlike behavior: instead of chastising the inexcusably out of line - and unwarranted - comments from Shino as befits a moderator, you and Salena (Anxiang) joined in and played along. It became quite clear that you had not learned the lesson from the previous night, and I conferred with the only other moderator around, and was told the following:

Permanent ban for Shino.
24 hours for you and Salena.

I put in the bans, then I forwarded the logs along to the moderators whose email addresses I had handy - Tib and Esna -  and multiple people reported Shino's behavior as well as yours and Salena's to Graelyn directly. You want to know why you lost your moderator position in the Summit? That right there is why.

A final word of advice for you and Anxiang, as neither of you were permanently banned and will be allowed back in the channel as of approximately 14:00 EVE time: Sort your shit out, and don't continue down this path. It won't be tolerated.

(Edit: Removed segment responding to deleted posts.)

Tiberious Thessalonia:
I went ahead and fixed the issue with the newspiece missing.  I got rid of it yesterday during the mess with updating the MOTD because we suspected length was causing the MOTD to mess up.

If you'd like it to say something different, please let me know.

Niraia:
"Still, I'm glad you care about the fate of the channel. I really am always looking for ways to improve." ~Graelyn
"If you don't like the rules, you can leave the channel. It's really really easy to do." ~Morwen

I'm starting to see why so many people have issues with you, Morwen. I'm honestly disappointed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version