Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What is going on with STON?  (Read 6178 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: What is going on with STON?
« Reply #45 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:49 »

Yeah, Aldy would not be thrilled at all by this behavior, despite the fact OOC I think this guy is being a tad pants-on-head retarded.

IC-wise I think it really points to an utter lack of morality on the part of capsuleers that they care more about the IGS's cleanliness than the issues really at play here. The IGS is the butthole of the Galnet anyway. TRA's case is of course exempt, but literally no one else has really cared, and somehow I get the feeling it's more motivated by OOC rather than IC annoyance.

Reputation, primarily. Defending humanitarians means less in the long run than defending a troublemaker that no one likes, IC or OOC. It's a murky divide issue.

Indeed. Still seems cop-outty to blast STON just because of that though.

I am rather glad I haven't come back to the game yet, as KotMC would probably be obligated to do something in that sticky mess. Bleh.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #46 on: 23 Mar 2012, 16:06 »

Reputation, primarily. Defending humanitarians means less in the long run than defending a troublemaker that no one likes, IC or OOC. It's a murky divide issue.

Indeed. Still seems cop-outty to blast STON just because of that though.

I am rather glad I haven't come back to the game yet, as KotMC would probably be obligated to do something in that sticky mess. Bleh.

It's not genuine to how it would probably go, but that seems to be the nature of things. The fact it is also a high sec war is probably another factor.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #47 on: 23 Mar 2012, 17:35 »

I can honestly say that extreme radical pacifism is quite incompatible with fraction sovereign individuality and enlightened self defense.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #48 on: 23 Mar 2012, 18:37 »

and somehow I get the feeling it's more motivated by OOC rather than IC annoyance.

Initially no; everyone gets their turn, liberating lives for God, etc.

At this point sure, but we don't even have to coax him anymore and he goes off. Wasn't exactly the outcome we expected but the damage has been done and I guess a mod will notice after Fanfest.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #49 on: 24 Mar 2012, 12:13 »

Ston is starting to piss even me off now. He just made *ANOTHER* tread to deliver two thin paragraphs worth of "we are losing our way, we want CONCORD to change the rules of warfare".

:roll: :bash:

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #50 on: 24 Mar 2012, 13:10 »

Ston is starting to piss even me off now. He just made *ANOTHER* tread to deliver two thin paragraphs worth of "we are losing our way, we want CONCORD to change the rules of warfare".

:roll: :bash:

lol thats funny in a kind of desperate way :)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #51 on: 26 Mar 2012, 07:10 »

... just made *ANOTHER* tread to deliver two thin paragraphs worth of "we are losing our way, we want CONCORD to change the rules of warfare".

*** The SCOPE Newsflash: *** The DED and CONCORD today responded to a petition to change the rules of capsuleer warfare. Effective immediately, the sale of all standard MDK munitions will be banned as they are bad and make the baby Jove cry. Rocket launchers will be retrofitted to fire nerf darts. Missile launchers will fire big nerf darts that explode with pretty colours that are, nevertheless, harmless. Cruise missile launchers will fire 'really big' nerf darts - see the missile launcher retrofit description for further details. Blasters, railguns and whatever-the-f*$k those ragtag Minimatar like to put on their 'ships' will also be refashioned to fire safe, fun-for-the-family soft-foam ammunition. Lasers will no longer exist, period, until someone can figure out how to turn them into an effective zero-gravity super-soaker water cannon - sorry Amarr.

STON, you have revealed your hand and at last we have seen through your cunning plan!  :D
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2012, 07:15 by Ollie »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #52 on: 26 Mar 2012, 07:15 »

Snowball launchers for everybody! \o/
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #53 on: 26 Mar 2012, 12:59 »

Ah well, little excitiment/drama on the IGS. I only disapprove of it in the sense of pushing other threads out of sight. For a newcomer to the IGS it must seem like some kind of big conflict is going on. I think it is unfortunate if it was all OOC motivated drama and responded to OOC.

Would like some more conflicts people would actually care about IC and OOC.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #54 on: 26 Mar 2012, 15:02 »

And ISD Eshtir is on the case. 5 threads locked already. :cube:

Edit: 7 threads. Looks like our friendly neighborhood CCL likes RP too. :3
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2012, 15:10 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 26 Mar 2012, 15:08 »

Indeed, Merdaneth. Frankly, while the Ston People's stuff wasn't my cup of tea, I kind of respected them for creating their own story/conflict, until the Theobar mess and then the response to the SASPR war.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #56 on: 26 Mar 2012, 21:44 »

Pretty much agree with Esna completely. It was a great idea until very recently when it started to become disruptive, and not in a good, "I blew your spaceships up" kind of way.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #57 on: 28 Mar 2012, 11:10 »

This entire shenanigan would have been a lot more fun if I could have, you know, helped them. They chose to base in Amarrian hisec, where IC there is a lot less sympathy for their cause. And to boot, the people who are willing to suport them are often in the Minmatar/Gallente militia anyway....hence we can't come rushing to their aid and such. For example, I could very well have offered to help them out by fleeting them and squad-warping their haulers to instawarps or something like that. I even said something to this effect in-character on the IGS, and received no reply. That, coupled with their choice of home is just incredibly frustrating.

It's almost like they want to be blown up and play martyr.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #58 on: 28 Mar 2012, 11:15 »

That though crossed your mind just now? Far as I saw that was the whole POINT to their actions, otherwise they would not have ignored all aid offers, based way out of range for help anyhow, and constantly undocked to get killed when they knew their enemy was right outside waiting for them.

Add to that the whole desperate makenewtreadforeverylosswecouldhavepreventedbynotundocking and the simple fact is they played the whole pity and martyr card, and thanks to their spamming got neither.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #59 on: 28 Mar 2012, 11:24 »

There's a reason why they're based in amarr highsec.

namely, that amarr highsec borders with other nations, are where the containers containing slaves are found.

E.g. Niarja (amarr highsec) - Kaaputenen (caldari highsec) stargate. Because of the customs border, making slaves illegal, people will drop them at that gate. So, STON , in retrieving them, then has to drop them off in station. And the only place to do that is Amarr highsec.

There's a couple places like that, but, that's the mechanical limitation. Containers with slaves in them, you find in Amarr highsec border systems, and because they're contraband, only place to drop them off is Amarr highsec.
\o/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5