Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What is going on with STON?  (Read 6178 times)

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
What is going on with STON?
« on: 19 Mar 2012, 16:11 »

Just to clear it up OOCly, this topic:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83228&find=unread

has me baffled. Because it very much seems like the STON guys are trying to indirectly insinuate it was the EoM guys. But I don't actually think they agreed to any of that RP @_@

I'm just terribly confused. Is STON goddmodding? Is there more going on behind the scenes here? (if so I don't need to know what it is, just that there is in fact something) I'm just terribly confused and I'm not sure how to have my character act in regards to it all. I'm almost at the point of just completely backing away from the STON guys since their RP seems sorta inconsistant with the rest of reality.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: What is going on with STON?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2012, 16:21 »

You are finally starting to reach the point most of us have reached.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2012, 16:59 »

I thought the Ston guys had an interesting perspective but I do get annoyed with 900 threads covering the same topic that won't die. It's polite to other RPers to let your threads 'die' after a while.

That being said, regarding not knowing how to react, this is a great opportunity.

Being in the dark, like your character, can only add realism and good RP. Not knowing the details can only improve interaction. It's good NOT to know what's going on. How -would- your character react with limited information?

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:10 »

I thought the Ston guys had an interesting perspective but I do get annoyed with 900 threads covering the same topic that won't die. It's polite to other RPers to let your threads 'die' after a while.

That being said, regarding not knowing how to react, this is a great opportunity.

Being in the dark, like your character, can only add realism and good RP. Not knowing the details can only improve interaction. It's good NOT to know what's going on. How -would- your character react with limited information?

she'd blame the crazy cultists, which is what she has been doing.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:20 »

[mod]Want to remind everyone to keep it civil. Disagreeing with the way that someone RPs isn't an excuse to insult them (at least here).[/mod]

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2012, 17:52 »

I'm a little "wtf, you need MORE attention?" about the whole thing, but hey, STON folks do whatever the hell they want. People will learn to ignore them, tell them to kindly sod off OOC, or find some way to deal with them IC. This looks like a good "what's going on, what's happening" chance IC, much like Silas said. Let your toon go find out, or just don't bother with it, atl not officially.

May want to have a word with the STON folks IC Kiki, and then one with the EoM folks  ;)

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2012, 18:21 »

I don't read STON threads, because their RP doesn't really interest me.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2012, 22:47 »

If this thread turns into an inside job by one of their RP alts, then I'm permabanning any interaction with any of them, forever. Not that they or anyone else should care, but just putting that out there.  FFS.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:36 »

I rest my case

Aodha Khan

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:44 »

has me baffled. Because it very much seems like the STON guys are trying to indirectly insinuate it was the EoM guys. But I don't actually think they agreed to any of that RP @_@

Why would they have to agree to it?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2012, 08:48 »

Generally, its a good idea to let the other player know before saying their characters did something, at least if you are implying that they actually did.

That seems to not be the case at the moment, though.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2012, 09:43 »

Since when have anyone had problems with outright lies being used as propaganda tools in Eve RP? It's been done by pretty much everyone to great and less great effect. Frankly, when lying your ass off OOC isn't frowned upon, why should lying your ass off IC be? Paid a significant price to learn that lesson myself.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2012, 09:46 »

It's not lies, its godmodding, tbh.

There is a difference between saying "We are saying you attacked our station" and "You attacked our station, just letting you know"

But this is a bit off topic.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #13 on: 20 Mar 2012, 09:57 »

It's not lies, its godmodding, tbh.

I can only make it halfway through most of those IGS posts, so I'm sure you know better than I do. Still, it's an IC claim so I fail to see how it's godmoding instead of an outright lie.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2012, 10:18 »

It's poor form to sucker a bunch of RPers into what looks to be a he said/she said train wreck
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5