Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sebiestor has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID  (Read 18103 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID
« Reply #30 on: 07 Nov 2013, 12:03 »

It's fun though ! Empire loyalists will fight against nullsec blocs while pirate loyalists will be barred from the event or shot on sight by nullsec alliances !

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #31 on: 07 Nov 2013, 12:09 »

That's not really an IC post for the pirate factions.  It is an IC post calling for more aid AGAINST the pirates.  It also gives no new information as to WHICH pirates, because pirates are not a bloc.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Makoto Priano

« Reply #32 on: 07 Nov 2013, 12:21 »

Tiberious;

My guess is that the IC news, being sourced from the Scope or from other Empire sources, wouldn't carry 'pirate' faction news in any meaningful way, excepting as it's from the perspective of the big four.

And agreed on the bloc thing. This event definitely has an ORDER v. CHAOS overtone. I'm not sure if anyone here has ever done tabletop wargames, but WH40K periodically does events in that vein-- where the xenophobic space catholics team up with the space elves against the natural and reasonable alliance of space robot skeletons, ZERRRG, and demons from another dimension.

I haven't played these games for an age, and the fluff-burning is still hilariously bad.

(honestly, I wish CCP would do more flavor news. Even if they don't have any in-game or plot effect, a couple random IG news items a week wouldn't take much time to produce, and would fill out the universe.)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:08 »

I just got home, but am participating and will be providing updates as best I can.

19:05 - Sarum Prime group has been ordered to Ihal. It's a total clusterfuck at this point; the route is some 25 jumps and every single one is under 10% tidi. Yay 5 minute warps.

19:20 - did I say 5 minute warps? I meant 12-15 minute warps. Gal/Matar fleet seems to be heading for Stacmon before hitting Syndicate. So far each system I've jumped through has had 400-500 people in it; because I arrived late, I can't tell if I'm with the bulk of the fleet or not but people are saying there were around 1000 in Sarum Prime before the new destination was given.

19:35 - 19 jumps to go, and people in local I'm at the tail end of the blob - quite possible we're looking at over 1500 people per fleet.

Amarr/Cal fleet is going to RMOC-W in Curse.
Gal/Matar fleet is going to FD-MLJ in Syndi. Word is Goons and Test are already in place waiting for them.

19:48 - both null systems are now gatecamped by significant null contingents flying doctrine fleets. FD- is apparently turning into a total slaughter already. Trying to get in contact with someone already at each fight to provide better info.

20:05 - I'm giving up. Both paths are hellcamped by assorted nullsec blocs and I'm still several jumps out. Both event fleets are shattered.

Amarr admiral actor, on jumping into Doril:
Ren Karetta > I immediately regret my actions.

20:15 - Some people are actually managing to get through into Curse, on account of the nullseccers having started shooting each other. For those not in the know, Doril (the first jump into Curse) has seen some pretty heavy null-on-null action in the past few weeks already, so this is entirely unsurprising.

Doril, at least, seems to have PL + NC. vs. AAA + RAZOR vs. anyone in an event fleet. FD- supposedly has Goons and some other CFC groupies; trying to get in contact with someone there.

20:25 - Getting through Doril is entirely a matter of luck. If you are noticed, you are dead. MWD frigates and battleships are dieing alike. Not even cloakies are living on account of the wrecks, drones, and other people crowding the gate. If you are somehow able to go unnoticed, congratulations - you'd best get to safety.

I'm being told Gal/Matar group actually managed to reach their destination somewhat intact and engaged Serpentis-aligned defenders. Serps were able to hold them off long enough to self-destruct the facility.

20:35 - Event is for all intents and purposes over. Gal/Matar group is apparently scattered and mostly dead as well.  In both cases, whatever fraction of the empire fleet that got through was met with numerous pirate defender actors in faction battleships. At least the Gal/Matar group managed to have a fight; the Amarr/Cal group basically got slaughtered.

I'll make a new response post now and try to answer some general questions about this.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2013, 14:44 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #35 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:12 »

Aie. How big are the fleets?

I seem to recall a dev saying that loading ships was a terrible strain on the server, as any time there's a session change the server has to calculate skills/stats from base.  :oops:

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #36 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:13 »

Tiberious;

My guess is that the IC news, being sourced from the Scope or from other Empire sources, wouldn't carry 'pirate' faction news in any meaningful way, excepting as it's from the perspective of the big four.

And agreed on the bloc thing. This event definitely has an ORDER v. CHAOS overtone. I'm not sure if anyone here has ever done tabletop wargames, but WH40K periodically does events in that vein-- where the xenophobic space catholics team up with the space elves against the natural and reasonable alliance of space robot skeletons, ZERRRG, and demons from another dimension.

I haven't played these games for an age, and the fluff-burning is still hilariously bad.

(honestly, I wish CCP would do more flavor news. Even if they don't have any in-game or plot effect, a couple random IG news items a week wouldn't take much time to produce, and would fill out the universe.)

Then make a new news source to act as an IC pirate call.  This is just frankly stupid.  As soon as I heard "Fight the forces of good" and did not hear WHO the pirates were, I washed my hands of this whole stupid event.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Makoto Priano

« Reply #37 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:16 »

vOv

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #38 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:24 »

Tiberious;

Then make a new news source to act as an IC pirate call.  This is just frankly stupid.  As soon as I heard "Fight the forces of good" and did not hear WHO the pirates were, I washed my hands of this whole stupid event.

Well, judging by the rally points I think we're looking at the Fartel and Derpentis. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #39 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:30 »

Sarum fleet is off to Curse, Meves fleet to (probably) PF- in Syndicate.

That's completely made up because as we all know I don't log in anymore, but I'd be happy if I was right :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #40 on: 07 Nov 2013, 13:48 »

Just to point out (and this is not meant as a bash on your post), the reason we are getting more and more Sansha RPers every day is because we are having fun playing the game.  It would be neat if CCP would do some more with the storyline, but frankly they have made incursions a game mechanic, so they can never actually end them without essentially removing a part of the game.  It sucks, but we've come to terms with that, and all the 'lol we farm you for ISK' jokes it comes with.

That's good for you, my only issue is that, even with the incursions, CCP *can* come up with something. Is Sansha really happy to sit on his hands after making a grand return and all that jazz years ago? So the incursions go on now on a daily basis, big deal - he, or his several more stand-out servants - could easily be about for more, well, special missions or events. There is no reason why RP'ing Z should need people to "come to terms with no events, EVER" when X and Y get the occasional event to atl simulate that time flows and things happen. It really should not be to much to ask to have the occational event that involves the Sansha, in some way.

i kinda understand why its not IC, its aimed for null-sec alliances.....

Aka, "How to ensure an entirely one-sided event 101"

This. I'm really glad now that I won't have the time to show up, all the poor sods in high-sec are marching into a meat-grinder. Do CCP *really* think a large number of volunteers from all over will have a chance to suddenly co-ordinate the ships they randomly showed up in against ANY of the null-blocks, when any of them can and will show up in a well-coordinated doctrine setup with several times their numbers?

Ha, no. No they won't.

I just got home, but am participating and will be providing updates as best I can.

19:05 - Sarum Prime group has been ordered to Ihal. It's a total clusterfuck at this point; the route is some 25 jumps and every single one is under 10% tidi. Yay 5 minute warps.

19:20 - did I say 5 minute warps? I meant 12-15 minute warps. Gal/Matar fleet seems to be heading for Stacmon before hitting Syndicate. So far each system I've jumped through has had 400-500 people in it; because I arrived late, I can't tell if I'm with the bulk of the fleet or not but people are saying there were around 1000 in Sarum Prime before the new destination was given.

19:35 - 19 jumps to go, and people in local I'm at the tail end of the blob - quite possible we're looking at over 1500 people per fleet.

Amarr/Cal fleet is going to RMOC-W in Curse.
Gal/Matar fleet is going to FD-MLJ in Syndi. Word is Goons and Test are already in place waiting for them.

19:48 - both null systems are now gatecamped by significant null contingents flying doctrine fleets. FD- is apparently turning into a total slaughter already. Trying to get in contact with someone already at each fight to provide better info.

Please keep us posted if you can, I'd like to see the end-result of this.

And I hope your in something small and light and can GTFO as soon as things start to go seriously down-hill. Yay Goons and Test waiting for us! CCP is effectively force-feeding kill-mails down the throats of the two biggest blocks in the game. Who would have though, huh?

Do not end up a Goon/Test KM Esna. Neither of them deserve it.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2013, 13:55 by BloodBird »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #41 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:01 »

Thanks for the updates Esna. Looks like its shaping up to be as much of a disaster as Luna suspected would happen.
I am reminded of a famous poem by Lord Alfred Tennyson....it begins:

Half a league, half a league,
 Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
 Rode the six hundred.

(Charge of the Light Brigade)
http://poetry.eserver.org/light-brigade.html

I suspect Luna is going to be emo tonight, esp. after having seen Aldy and his officers praying last night while she was also praying at the Basilica. :(

« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2013, 14:03 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #42 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:04 »

Thanks for the updates Esna. Looks like its shaping up to be as much of a disaster as Luna suspected I think.
I am reminded of a famous poem by Lord Alfred Tennyson....it begins:

Half a league, half a league,
 Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
 Rode the six hundred.

(Charge of the Light Brigade)
http://poetry.eserver.org/light-brigade.html

I suspect Luna is going to be emo tonight, esp. after having seen Aldy and his officers praying last night at the Basilica. :(

I've been overexposed to this poem over the last couple weeks, but I blame playing STO and having rewatched the Flight of Angels sequence again for that. xD

(Boldly They Rode is a bitch of a mission in STO. Just saying...)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #43 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:07 »

lulz.

How does this compare with the CP event in terms of charlie foxtrots?

I'm getting the idea that when CCP calls for an all-hands-on-deck event, we should just pull up the covers and hide.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #44 on: 07 Nov 2013, 14:09 »

lulz.

How does this compare with the CP event in terms of charlie foxtrots?

I'm getting the idea that when CCP calls for an all-hands-on-deck event, we should just pull up the covers and hide.

Couch-Fortress, HO!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11