Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: RAGE  (Read 1793 times)

Publius Valerius

Re: RAGE
« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2012, 19:13 »

Except DUST looks to be more than 'plug-and-play'.

That could be a problem in the end. CCP has actually try to get gamers to their products which would most likely not play EVE; DUST is/should be a gate-way for this group. But lets not see everything black, I hope DUST brings a lot of money and the content and immersion team of CCP gets more money etc...

Desiderya

« Reply #16 on: 23 Mar 2012, 06:37 »

"Make Incarna use the Dust Engine".
The way I see it, Incarna has at least a pretty awesome way of creating Avatars and using them in the 3d World, whereas Dust doesn't focus on superrealistic faces. For a true MMO, I prefer faces that are actually faces. Mind you, the Incarna Avatars tend to look similar to some extent, too, but that imho stems mainly from the limited selection of hairstyles and clothing.

But Incarna is still 'meh'. It does eat resources like a feral beast from hell, and at least on my machine, the rendered avatar looks not very good in the CQ. By not very good I mean: Terrible lighting and (despite GPU frying) a low quality that my character doesn't actually look like what I've done in the high-quality character customization. So that., yeah, it looks a bit like "generic head+Hairstyle5".

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 23 Mar 2012, 09:05 »

That was probably one of the main things about the Incarna that ticked people off.

The old character generator had more options and customizability than the new one.

And the old one had like three hairdos and three clothing options :D

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Desiderya

« Reply #18 on: 23 Mar 2012, 09:28 »

There was promised that more arrives in the future, I think.
But the new avatars are extremely awesome, even though I miss all the old stuff, too. :/
Pages: 1 [2]