Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DUST 514 Beta (post-NDA)  (Read 3834 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: DUST 514 Beta (post-NDA)
« Reply #30 on: 24 Jan 2013, 15:12 »

This explains the entirely empty EVE mail I got from a DUSTer, when he somehow found his way into the Summit without understanding what RP was at all.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #31 on: 01 Feb 2013, 16:19 »

http://dustboard.com/global

[db]Global is tracking: 1,047,687 mercenaries!

So, ten days into open beta and Dust is more than twice the size of Eve.

Nice.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #32 on: 01 Feb 2013, 18:47 »

http://dustboard.com/global

[db]Global is tracking: 1,047,687 mercenaries!

So, ten days into open beta and Dust is more than twice the size of Eve.

Nice.

Except that according to the sister site they run ( http://eveboard.com/global/ ) there are over 4 million pilots.
Seeing as they use the same metric then we're not talking accounts here but number of chars, including deleted ones.
I feel it's kinda hard to draw any conclusions from it. Of course it lies in CCP:s interest to make it sound like there's a million players on at the same time playing DUST since it's awesome.
I'd be more interested to hear from users, provided there's a way to know, how packed the games are.
I don't know the system but is there waiting due to not being enough contracts or does contracts spawn to not have waiting? In that case how many concurrent ones are there?
What I'm looking for is to know how many seem to play this?
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 04 Feb 2013, 22:44 »

What I'm looking for is to know how many seem to play this?

Currently? Can't give you a number, but there's no shortage. Most of the time I ask for a contract, I promptly find myself in a war barge (within 1 minute 30 before a match starting). I end up in a game in progress maybe one try in five. One thing that makes it difficult to tell is that a request that doesn't produce a near-instantaneous result currently tends not to resolve at all-- and to produce near-instant results if cancelled and started again. Don't know whether the initial failure to find anything is an actual failure-to-locate-viable-match or part of the bug.

Community-development-wise, there are already indications of corp heists-- specifically, whining responded to with a hundred variations on, "Welcome to New Eden. Enjoy your stay."

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #34 on: 14 Feb 2013, 22:19 »

Community-development-wise, there are already indications of corp heists-- specifically, whining responded to with a hundred variations on, "Welcome to New Eden. Enjoy your stay."

I love this so much.
Pages: 1 2 [3]