Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Scagga once had a bodyguard by the name of 'cuddles'?

Author Topic: Fanfest - Your Questions For CCP  (Read 2592 times)

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
Fanfest - Your Questions For CCP
« on: 28 Jan 2012, 07:01 »

I was just looking at another thread on these forums and it got me thinking, we have no real representation for the RP community at Fanfest in terms of someone to get hard, direct answers.

So, I decided to create this thread.

Since the CSM is a crock of shit and doesn't get players the answers they want and need, for all those of you whom can't make it to Iceland I'd like to provide myself as a conduit for you to pose your questions through.

However, rather than post your questions here, I'd like you to PM  them to me as I'm aware that a fair few members of CCP read these forums and I'd rather put them on the spot for an honest, quick fire answer rather than them having time to sit down and think about what they might say if they do read this.

So, PM me your questions, and I'll look into forming a list of the most common and important questions that are asked, and we'll see if I can get some solid answers in Iceland.

Also, feel free to discuss shit you'd like to know, or stuff you'd like to see them cover at Fanfest I guess :)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Fanfest - Your Questions For CCP
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2012, 07:13 »

However, rather than post your questions here, I'd like you to PM  them to me as I'm aware that a fair few members of CCP read these forums and I'd rather put them on the spot for an honest, quick fire answer rather than them having time to sit down and think about what they might say if they do read this.

That's admirably devious and I approve.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2012, 09:49 »

That's admirably devious and I approve.

Whereas for most topics I'm the other way around: quite happy for us to discuss things to get a feel for which issues matter to more people, and for CCP to have time to prepare considered responses which fit in with their plans and resourcing.

I'll kick off with:

Reducing the knowledge gap

There's a significant gap between what we as players know about what's going on politically and what our characters know. It'd be nice to bring those closer together, both by bringing some of the "hidden" events into public knowledge (the sorts of things that newcomers keep raising in IGS and The Summit, where we have to respond "that's crazy talk") and by filling in the outlines of things which should be obvious to our characters (particularly some of the story arcs which haven't been developed since 2009).

Example: What's up with the Tribal Council and general public knowledge about the "Tribal Republic"? When last we heard, some of the tribes were taking their own sweet (and culturally-appropriate) time selecting leaders/representatives. In the meantime, although the Republic Parliament was reported as "defunct" it still seems to have working offices in space and nothing's visibly changed. I could ask questions like "Have we suspended the constitution, which apparently requires Parliament to approve the Republic's budget, or is there some other workaround, like a minimal Parliamentary session being called which passes only supply votes?" but it's really "Please give us some information we can build on about the current state of something that's reasonably important and should be well known".

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2012, 21:14 »

Confirming the CSM is and always has been a crock of shit. That statement is not going to make me any friends, but I'll be glad to back it up if someone wants to confront me about it.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2012, 21:29 »

Confirming the CSM is and always has been a crock of shit. That statement is not going to make me any friends, but I'll be glad to back it up if someone wants to confront me about it.

wtb essay
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2012, 01:36 »

This.

Also I have at least three issues I want to bug someone at CCP about.  One minor, two fairly major.  But yeah. 

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2012, 09:16 »

I am totally behind this initiative and will be drumming up some question ammunition for Verone, but am disappointed with the lack of willingness to engage the CSM process. 

Shouting at CCP once a year at Fanfest aside, the CSM is the best conduit that CCP has provided for players to communicate their issues. It's there to champion whichever issues have the strongest and most consistent presence. They have no choice but to support issues if they can be proven to be of benefit to the game as a whole.

Storyline content and lore is undervalued presently and members of this forum are probably the strongest concentration of individuals that can raise the issue. Verone's question barrage is a start, but there should be more.

Please don't dismiss the CSM system, it may not be perfect but it's made worse by player apathy leaving it in the hands of those who may disregard issues you find important.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2012, 21:54 »

Please don't dismiss the CSM system, it may not be perfect but it's made worse by player apathy leaving it in the hands of those who may disregard issues you find important.

It's highly adverse to the player base and it encourages player apathy, primarily because it's easy to push - for lack of a better term here - cronyistic agendas.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2012, 12:16 »

Yes I would really not mind to hear more about each political governements, especially the minmatar one, which is a total mess and full of unclear stuff.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23 »

Bless your black little pirate heart for this Verone.  Questions sent.

And about the CSM, why not make it so that it must be made up of several parties, like there can only be three people running for the null sec point of view (per campaign statement), and we can call them on it if they start acting otherwise.  Then it wouldn't matter if RPers or other groups didn't have huge voting blocks, because we would have candidate blocks.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2012, 12:23 »

And about the CSM, why not make it so that it must be made up of several parties, like there can only be three people running for the null sec point of view (per campaign statement), and we can call them on it if they start acting otherwise.  Then it wouldn't matter if RPers or other groups didn't have huge voting blocks, because we would have candidate blocks.

Probably needs another topic, but here's my quick response -

Per the existing format of CSM meetings, i.e., everyone talks about everything together, there is no way to prevent "non-nullsec" representatives from being used as a proxy arm of nullsec forces once they arrive in Iceland.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2012, 14:24 »

Probably needs another topic, but here's my quick response -

Per the existing format of CSM meetings, i.e., everyone talks about everything together, there is no way to prevent "non-nullsec" representatives from being used as a proxy arm of nullsec forces once they arrive in Iceland.
Yeah, nullbears tend to extend their tendrils into everything.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2012, 16:11 »

I was just looking at another thread on these forums and it got me thinking, we have no real representation for the RP community at Fanfest in terms of someone to get hard, direct answers.

So, I decided to create this thread.

Since the CSM is a crock of shit and doesn't get players the answers they want and need, for all those of you whom can't make it to Iceland I'd like to provide myself as a conduit for you to pose your questions through.

So, PM me your questions, and I'll look into forming a list of the most common and important questions that are asked, and we'll see if I can get some solid answers in Iceland.

Also, feel free to discuss shit you'd like to know, or stuff you'd like to see them cover at Fanfest I guess :)

First of all thx....

Is their a timeframe, for the immersion project... be more precisely: When will it come in to the game (and in which form will it come? In; links... trailer with links ... CQ toys, which have links to the wiki etc)? So that Abraxes work will start to have more fruits, than your little roundtable :P

Faction Warfare: It is always mention that something is in the pipe... Is their anything what can be said? And will it have actuall meaning? The second question is more in the sense of that it is hopefuly not just more incursions from more factions or just more factions in the broken faction-warfare-system (like Amarr vs. Sansha or Minmatar vs. Kingdom etc...)...

I have more something like that contribute X has a value for faction X in mind and it isnt just meaningless dick slapping.
Reason:
Because if I like to make Incursions: I just do them..
If I like to fight the Minmatar I would be in the 24th IC :P
So my personal fear is that CCP pulls again just a "Lucie-Move" and will just come with some minior fixes in the broken faction warfare system... and just add the stuff mention above and try to sell us Charlie Browns "as great leap forward". So if you get any Infromation would be awesome...

Most likly I will add mroe questions later...