Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So suddenly the Sansha supercarrier doesn't bite rocks.  (Read 6769 times)

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
Re: So suddenly the Sansha supercarrier doesn't bite rocks.
« Reply #15 on: 04 Dec 2010, 13:09 »

This is the fucking shit for ganking jump freighters/carriers.
Assuming all level 5
Mom w/ 0 DCU = 8000
Nyx w/ 0 DCU = 10000
Mom w/ 5x DCU = 10000
Nyx w/ 5x DCU = 12500
Revenant w/ 0 DCU = 8000
Revenant w/ 5x DCU = 12000
Revenant w/ 6x DCU = 12,800

So Revenat needs 3x DCU to outdamage a 0x DCU Nyx.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2010, 15:12 »

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 22 Dec 2010, 07:39 »

Ho-leee shite. This thing just grew teeth.
:lol:, still looks like a turd.
Par for the course.

...But I LIKE the Bestower! D:

...I do!

q_q

Still, Sansha carrier looks like something Kuvakei had a really hard time passing, all the gristle included.
It must have burnt so badly he made a ship out of it so all would simply run from looking than actually having to fight a turd that hits harder than all but a Ban-Hammer!

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #18 on: 25 Dec 2010, 13:43 »

I don't want one, I just want to kill one.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #19 on: 25 Dec 2010, 15:11 »

Waiting (and training) for the Angel supercarrier. :D

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 25 Dec 2010, 15:23 »

Waiting (and training) for the Angel supercarrier. :D

Pretty much this
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jan 2011, 22:24 »

Had a slugfest with one on Sisi. Me and two buddies. Nyx and two dreads fitted with the new named cap mods. It ate us for breakfast. Its damage is insane and it fields a wicked tank.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2011, 23:34 »

Had a slugfest with one on Sisi. Me and two buddies. Nyx and two dreads fitted with the new named cap mods. It ate us for breakfast. Its damage is insane and it fields a wicked tank.

What am I missing?  How is its DPS any higher than a Nyx if fit properly?  How is its buffer any better?

I'm just not seeing it.

There's my Nyx fit. 

There's a similar Revenant fit, with slightly more pimped cap recharge modules.  Note that I fit PDS instead of CPRs because I was trying to maximize buffer.  Same principle with the Slaves.

The Revenant is a good 15% weaker in terms of overall buffer.  It does 600 DPS less as well.  And it's getting an extra DCU over a standard Nyx kit.  The only difference I'm seeing is a substantially lower cap recharge time for the Rev, but if you drop the Chelm's to Tairei's (besides losing another million in buffer), the cap recharge time doubles to 24 minutes (the Nyx is 17 minutes, the Chelm's Rev is 13). 

And it absolutely pales next to an Aeon.  The DPS is higher, for certain, but the Aeon crushes it in terms of EHP.

It's also worth noting that when you're doing 9k-11k DPS per ship and you have several of them on the field, your target is going to melt regardless.  For things as small as carriers and dreads, in fact, you'll see Hels and Aeons out damaging Nyxes simply because the carriers melt so fast that it comes down to how many volleys the fighter bombers get off.  I suppose when you're starting to talk about killing titans it might be another story, but if you're in the business of doing that you're doing it with 2 dozen or more supercarriers, most of which will be armor tanked as will their support fleet. 

I guess I just don't see the attraction outside of "shiny".  Considering it's certain to cost 1.5-2x what any other super does right now (hell, for a while it'll probably be more like triple), I'm not sure why anyone would want one. 

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 21 Jan 2011, 01:00 »

Keep in mind Bach, this was on test and a while ago, right as the changes hit Sisi. Dreads were fit for maximum damage and cleared off the field relatively quickly. Regardless, and eft-warrioring aside, all I said was the thing is fucking impressive in player hands, and it is.

ETA: During that mirror the only thing anybody had was T2 or the new CONCORD mods available for fits, and the guy flying the Revenant had the Sansha bombers. There was no faction anything available or speshul bombers available at the time while the Nyx had none.

Also, it will be interesting to see what the LP costs are on TQ for the CONCORD cap mods, as frankly I wasn't really impressed.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2011, 01:04 by Boma Airaken »

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 21 Jan 2011, 04:05 »

A supercarrier is going to chase a dread off incredibly quickly.  3 supercarriers can drop a carrier in less time than it takes for it to deaggress and dock, so that's not really all that impressive.  What I'm wondering is how the Revenant beat the Nyx.  Toe to toe the Nyx should win.  With the added dps from the dreads if they were in siege (figure 2-3 minutes of their DPS at the start of the fight), it should have melted the Rev. 

I guess I just don't see it.  Did the Nyx pilot have carrier 5 and fighterbomber 5?  The Rev?

In any case, it's not useless like it was when it was first released.  I just don't see the attraction when the conventional supers are as good or better.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 21 Jan 2011, 06:07 »

Nyx wasn't rocking any DCU's as it wasn't really a planned sisi style fight just a hurr durr lets do this kind of engagement, and he wasn't able to SB bombers as the dreads were fit for close range and he went for them first. Dreads were in s-mode. One thing I noticed was that the rev could really move for a supercap, but like I said, test server. Also, he was obviously active tanked, which made it even more perplexing.

Either way, just my observations on test. If I got one would I field one instead of a normal supercap? Fuck no. Sell it to a rich retard. But my experience with it so far was kind of skeery. I made it 3 minutes as first primary. Maybe 2. I drink too much.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 21 Jan 2011, 14:57 »

3 minutes as primary sounds about right for a mothership vs dread.  Figure in this instance, we had been shooting the Revelation (out of siege) for over 10 minutes (they had 2xArchons repping it and hugging station).  When we finally dropped the Nyx...well you can see below how long it took to kill it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihIE_6f4jTk

But yeah, sounds like the kits were suboptimal--you don't active tank a mom.  You just don't do it because there are no circumstances under which you should be deploying said supercarrier without support, and as such, you'll get far more from RR if you maximize buffer than you will trying to fit a 2k DPS local tank.

Bottom line is, I think we'll see people in PL/IT/Goons etc flying these right away, but won't see too many of them filter down to the "common folk" for a while.
Pages: 1 [2]